The 2019 TIA 3PL Policy Forum is fast approaching. This two-day event is the most effective way for you to increase awareness and educate members of Congress and their staffs on the issues that affect the 3PL industry and your business. Your voice makes a difference.
From June 11-12, 2019, you can:
- Experience two days of high-level briefings, meetings with decision makers in Congress, and exclusive dinners with industry leaders
- Walk the halls of Congress advocating on behalf of your business and your industry
- Build personal relationships with your elected officials
- Gain the maximum value from your TIA membership
- Enjoy a private tour of the Library of Congress
If you are experiencing issues with the hotel or registration, please contact a member of the TIA staff at 703-299-5705.
Learn more and register...
|Thank you to our generous 2019 Policy Forum sponsors!
Registration is now open for 3PL Technovations! If you're looking to stay on the forefront of leading data technologies and make smarter, more informed decisions for your business, you won't want to miss this event and neither will your employees! Gain insights on blockchain, freight matching, economic shifts, and more. We know you have options. Choose a technology meeting geared towards 3PLs and take control of the technology changes affecting your business.
Thank you to our 2019 Technovators
- May 15-17, 2019: Phoenix, AZ - Truckstop.com Connected Conference
- June 9-12, 2019: Amelia Island, FL - TMSA Logistics Marketing & Sales Conference
- June 10-12, 2019: Chicago, IL - United Fresh Global Cold Chain Expo
- June 11-12, 2019: Washington, DC - TIA Fly-In and 3PL Policy Forum
- Aug. 25-27, 2019: Denver, CO - McLeod Software User Conference
- Sept. 15-18, 2019: Houston, TX - Trimble in.sight Users Conference
- Oct. 9-11, 2019: Austin, TX - DAT User Conference
- Nov. 12-13, 2019: Amelia Island, FL - 3PL Technovations
- April 1-4, 2020: Austin, TX - TIA Capital Ideas Conference & Exhibtion
Something is rotten in Denmark: As the availability of data improves, people are talking more frequently about differences between spot and contract prices and also about the relative shares that each earn from the market. As you consider that commentary, or perhaps, the data that you obtain, make certain you are making an apples-to-apples comparison. This is important because contract data with or without fuel is always a door-to-door rate; what the shipper pays. In contrast, the spot data is usually reported as what the broker pays the carrier, with or without fuel, and does not include the add-ons that the broker charges the shipper to cover his or her costs. Such apples-to-oranges comparisons seriously understate the spot market rates, indicating an erroneous pricing advantage spot-over-contract as is commonly cited to describe current market conditions. Spot prices have recently fallen, following softening market conditions. Because such spot market swings generally precede contract price swings by six months or more, the spread between the two has changed in favor of spot prices. Enough to shift volume from contract to spot? Nope, read on.
The Transport Navigator's Perspective - A blog by TIA's Chief Economist Noël Perry.
Join our expert panel as they discuss how to outsmart the cargo thieves in this member-benefit webinar.
May 9, 2019
Cost: FREE for Members
Presented by: Scott Cornell, Chad Eichelberger and Keith Lewis
TIA Business Services offers robust education and a suite of services dedicated to helping your business grow. Our three assessments evaluate your employees throughout their careers:
Are you an industry expert? Test your knowledge with this CTB Crossword Puzzle. The first 30 TIA members to correctly complete and turn it in to email@example.com receive a certificate for 25 percent OFF the CTB Online Study Course. Go ahead and increase your odds - Print and handout to your employees and colleagues...!
Download and Print CTB Crossword Puzzle...
Are you taking advantage of the TIA Advantage program? As part of TIA’s commitment to helping its members grow and succeed, TIA has partnered with several companies to offer its members products and services at special savings!
To optimize engagement with TIA and to ensure your company has the most relevant information listed in the 2019-2020 Membership Directory, please take 2 minutes to update your companies profile information by close of business today. (This includes name, title, address, phone, fax, email and services provided).
Teaching your new employees the basics of brokering in addition to your office operations can be a challenge, so let TIA ease the burden with our unique New Employee Orientation (NEO) course. This course covers all the basics: rules and regulations, how to sell, business ethics and more!