Did You Know on March 11, 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) officially declared the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) a global pandemic? TIA has created a reference guide for our members to share with their customers to limit and prevent the likelihood of being exposed to this virus. Shippers, receivers, and truck drivers that are in personal contact (as they facilitate the movement of freight) need to be aware of – and take – necessary steps in order to minimize and prevent the spread of COVID-19. As an industry, we are in this together and, as such, we all need to look out for one another. If you are a shipper or receiver, consider providing truck drivers with a bottle of hand sanitizer or alcohol wipes to keep them healthy (and keep our nation’s freight moving).
The Centers for Disease & Prevention (CDC) also recommends following 6 key steps to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, which TIA has summarized in a downloadable PDF.
- 2020 Capital Ideas & Exhibition Update!
- Available Now - Second Round of March New Member & Candidate Lists
- BLOG: Managing Compensation Plans Through Extreme Market Volatility
- FREE Webinar Tomorrow: Managing Compensation Through Short-Term Volatility
- Technology: Supply Chain Visibility in the Food & Beverage Industry
- Registration for Q1 of CTB Course Closing Soon!
- Member News & Member Resource Library