CooperVision Opens Applications for 2022 Best Practices Honorees
CooperVision is in its seventh annual search for the nation’s 2022 Best Practices. The program celebrates the innovative ways that U.S. eye care practices deliver exceptional patient care and advance the profession, bringing them together to share their insights with their peers. New this year, the program structure has been enhanced so that honorees will now be recognized in five key categories: industry advancement, community impact, patient experience, specialty services, and team building.
“Best Practices is a testament to the fact that no matter who you are or where you’re located, you can offer patients an excellent eye care experience, and in your own way,” said Michele Andrews, OD, Vice President, Professional & Government Affairs, CooperVision. “Each year, honorees stand out for their excellence and expertise in many areas of practice—the same areas in which their peers often look for guidance and inspiration. Now, our Best Practices will be recognized specifically for the areas of optometry in which they truly shine. We look forward to learning how more of today’s practices are finding success despite the enormous challenges of the last two years, then giving them the platform to share that with others.”
The 2022 honorees will join a diverse group of 60 Best Practices who have each forged various pathways to success. Honorees not only gain broad industry recognition but are given exclusive opportunities to collaborate with and learn from other creative and motivated practices, enabling further growth and discovery of new ways to serve patients, the profession and their communities.
All U.S. independent and corporate optometry practices currently fitting any brand of contact lenses are eligible to apply, although the program is not solely focused on such. Best Practices applicants are encouraged to share their personal insights and experiences in the following categories:
- Industry Advancement. A practice’s involvement in advocacy, academia, and/or peer and student mentorship.
- Community Impact. Practices that exemplify what it means to truly go above and beyond to positively impact the people in their community, or around the world.
- Patient Experience. Whether through state-of-the-art technologies, outstanding customer service, or unique office designs, these practices excel at creating a stellar experience for those who walk through their doors.
- Specialty Services. For those who have focused on a specific area of practice—like vision therapy, myopia management, or specialty contact lenses—to enhance their practice’s offerings and overall growth.
- Team Building. Practices that have found the key to success through investing time and resources into their staff to build and/or maintain a high-performing, positive and thriving workplace.
Applications can be submitted at www.coopervision.com/practitioner/best-practices/apply through November 30, 2021 and will be reviewed by a panel of judges including previous Best Practices honorees, industry experts, and CooperVision leaders. The 2022 Best Practices will be announced early next year.
Best Practices honorees are brought together at the annual Best Practices Summit, which provides an opportunity for education and collaboration on a variety of practice management and clinical practice topics. Past Best Practices Summits have also featured keynote speakers to hone the honorees’ skills in the areas of change management, innovation and storytelling. Honorees are also broadly recognized throughout the profession by serving on professional panels, showcasing their expertise with prominent eye care media, and representing the program at industry events.
In 2020, CooperVision introduced a complementary Best Practices scholarship program, which provides third-year optometry students with the opportunity to attend the educational summit. Applications for this aspect of the program will be opened later this year.
For more information about the Best Practices initiative, to review stories from past honorees, or to apply, visit www.coopervision.com/practitioner/best-practices. For full details on the Best Practices terms and conditions, including eligibility requirements, refer to https://coopervision.com/practitioner/best-practices.