Water, Floods and Extreme Weather
On behalf of the Ontario Society of Professional Engineers (OSPE), we would like to inform you about an event OSPE is co-sponsoring with Mindfirst Inc.
As was mentioned in a recent OSPE blog article, the topic is particularly timely given the rise in catastrophic weather since 1990. Moreover, the Commissioner of the Environment and Sustainable Development recently concluded that the federal government has not prioritized efforts to mitigate the anticipated impacts of severe weather.
So, how do we ensure Canada's largest cities are prepared for the impacts of potential flooding?
Join us for this informative seminar and networking opportunity!
Our impressive lineup of speakers will discuss how Canada’s largest cities can better prepare for floods, build resilient infrastructure, and ensure water quality:
- Blair Feltmate, Head, Intact Centre on Climate Change, University of Waterloo
- David Lapp, Practice Lead, Globalization and Sustainable Development, Engineers Canada
- Krysten Tully, Vice President, Lake Ontario Waterkeeper
- Jim Young, Senior Consultant, Air Quality & Weather, RWDI
- Moderator: Jeanette Southwood, Vice President - Strategy and Partnerships, Engineers Canada
Use promo code M1PartnerOSPE to save! Registration is available here.
We look forward to seeing you then!