Waves of Discovery – The early bird registration deadline for MCA Canada's 76th Annual National Conference in Hawaii is this Friday. Act now to save! This year's conference takes place from November 6 to 9 at the wonderful Sheraton Maui Resort and Spa in Maui. It will feature exceptional educational content, amazing featured speakers and spectacular social events. A couple of new additions are general sessions for all delegates with interesting guest speakers and a new reception and tradeshow. We look forward to seeing you. Aloha!
Jon Montgomery captured the hearts of Canadians—and the attention of the world—during the 2010 Vancouver Winter Games. After years of hard work, training and perseverance, Montgomery won a gold medal in the skeleton, securing his place in history as one of the best. His celebratory walk through Whistler showcased his passion, spirit, and sense of humour—traits that he brings to every platform, whether in front of a live audience or while hosting The Amazing Race Canada.
The MCAC Member Multimedia Information Program delivers timely and valuable information to our entire membership via email (Just The Fax), the internet (www.mcac.ca) and direct mail. The program’s goal is to provide every MCA member with regular information on upcoming events, programs and projects. In addition, each communication will feature one of our Membership Advantage Programs, which can save you thousands of dollars each year.
This month's program is brought to you thanks to the generosity of our featured associate member, WOLSELEY.
- 2017 Annual Review – The fall edition of MCA Canada’s National Bulletin includes updates on important association and industry programs, services, projects and events. See what the Construction Education Council is doing and what’s next for the Service Division.
- MCAC Annual National Conference – This month’s mail out includes the official notice of your 2017 Annual General Meeting agenda.
- You’re invited! Get your free registration to The Buildings Show, Nov. 29–Dec. 1 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
- CEC webinar series – This fall, the Construction Education Council will offer a series of webinars for MCA Canada members. The first two will teach you how to create online customer service that will help you earn new customers and keep existing customers around for a long time. The webinars will take place on November 22 and December 13.
- Membership Advantage Program: Choice Hotels – MCA Canada is proud to offer our members an update to the corporate rate when using Choice Hotels. Choice Hotels includes Comfort, Quality, Clarion and a few others like the upscale Ascend Hotel Collection. There are over 325 Choice locations across Canada, and more than 6,300 worldwide. Hotels are conveniently located near major airports, key highways and business districts. You'll also be able to connect easily with colleagues using free high-speed Internet, and jump-start your day with free breakfast at most locations. Contact the MCAC office for your discount code by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 613-232-0492 or visiting www.mcac.ca.
- This month's program brought to you by Wolseley – Wolseley Canada is the country’s leading national distributor of plumbing, hydronic, HVAC/R and PVF products and solutions to professional contractors, retailers, and industrial users. With a network of over 220 branches coast to coast, and a national team of sales and service specialist, the Wolseley team is known for the knowledge and expertise that customers have come to rely on for their ever-changing needs.
The statement marks the first time Morneau has hinted at flexibility in the plan.
It seems that every few months either the federal government or one of the provinces is adding to the already extremely large tax burden which average Canadians are forced to bear.
Construction Lien Act reform in Ontario is not yet home-free said members of the Council of Ontario Construction Associations (COCA) attending the association's Queen's Park lobbying day September 25.
The Canadian Apprenticeship Forum is inviting interested speakers to submit presentation abstracts for the 2018 National Apprenticeship Conference. The conference will highlight initiatives, programs and strategies that contribute to Canada's world-class apprenticeship system. The deadline for submissions is October 20.
MCAC members are invited to attend two free webinars to learn how to create online customer service that will help you earn new customers and keep existing customers around for a long time.
Canada's commercial construction industry is changing to accommodate demographic shifts, economic trends and digital disruption.
1738: Pierre de La Vérendrye rides up the Assiniboine River valley with his sons to build Fort La Reine at Portage La Prairie.
1789: George Washington makes the first Thanksgiving Day designated by the national government of the US.
1863: The last Thursday in November is declared Thanksgiving Day by United States President Abraham Lincoln.
1872: The Bloomingdale brothers open their first store at 938 Third Avenue, New York City.
1919: Dominion Stores grocery chain is incorporated.
1927: Prime Minister Mackenzie King inaugurates the first transatlantic telephone service to the UK by chatting with British Prime Minister Stanley Baldwin.
1985: The Space Shuttle Atlantis makes its maiden flight.
1995: O. J. Simpson is acquitted of the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman.
2000: Pierre Trudeau is given a state funeral at Notre Dame Basilica in Montreal.
Bank of Canada governor Stephen Poloz Poloz said several "unusual" unknowns now complicate future rate moves, citing elevated levels of household debt, downward pressure of technological breakthroughs on inflation and slower-than-expected wage growth.
July is the first month of 2017 when the Canadian economy showed no movement. Declines in goods-producing industries offset small gains in service industries.
- October 11-13: CEC Estimating Conference, Halifax, NS
- October 15-18: MSCA Educational Conference, Boca Raton, Florida
- October 17: CIPHEX Roadshow, Edmonton, AB
- October 19: CIPHEX Roadshow, Regina, SK
- November 6-9: MCA Canada’s 76th National Conference, Maui, Hawaii
- November 22: CEC webinar: Increase Your Revenue by Clobbering the Competition
- December 13: CEC webinar: Get out of the Truck and Go Online to Own Your Customers
Marking Services Canada is pleased to offer all MCA Canada members a 25-percent discount on any material order. Please present proof of your membership in good standing at the time of ordering. You can obtain a letter from your local MCA office or from MCA Canada by emailing email@example.com.
If your company would like to promote a special offering to MCA Canada members across the country, please send your program information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As you know, Operation Eyesight is MCA Canada's Charity of Choice. The organization does important work across the developing world to provide people in need with the basics of life: access to clean water and sanitation. Their work has improved, and even saved, the lives of countless people in these regions. MCA Canada is always accepting donations to this important cause from its members, but did you know that you can donate more than just cash? Here are five more ways you can show your support: