CPA Submits Recommendations for Ontario's Long-Term Energy Plan
In December, the CPA submitted several recommendations to the Ontario Ministry of Energy for its 2017 Long-Term Energy Plan (LTEP).
In its submission, the CPA requested the Ontario government:
- Create an ongoing forum for the fuels sector to provide input on energy policy.
- Establish "energy agnostic" policy goals, which, rather than being energy or technology specific, reward fuel sources that create desired outcomes.
- Create pathways for the propane industry to partner with government, ensuring that all Ontario consumers, regardless of location, have access to cost-effective, energy-efficient, low-emission energy options.
- Acknowledge the impact of switching to propane for home-heating to provide affordable and sustainable energy alternatives for Ontario residents.
- Recognize the immediate and substantial role that auto propane can play in low-emission transportation, both in public and private fleets.