External Inspection of TC 331 Tanks
When corrosion is noted during the annual external inspection of TC 331 tanks and equivalent tanks, the following CSA B620-09 requirements apply:
- 7.2.1 External inspections
- Clause 220.127.116.11 –
External inspections shall include the following: (a) without removing
insulation or jacketing, checking for corroded areas, etc.
- Clause 18.104.22.168 – Corroded or abraded areas of the tank wall shall have
their thickness tested in accordance with Clause 7.2.6.
- 7.2.6 Thickness test
- Clause 22.214.171.124 Consequences of rejection
- 126.96.36.199.1 – Except as provided for in Clause 188.8.131.52.2, a tank
rejected for insufficient thickness shall (a) not be used in dangerous
goods service; and (b) not display a metal identification plate
identifying it as a TC, MC or DOT specification tank.
- 184.108.40.206.2 – A tank that has been rejected for insufficient thickness may be returned to dangerous goods service with modified minimum thickness or loading parameters if it fulfills the requirements of Clauses 8.2 to 8.4 for modified tanks.