NEW – NB: CPA looking to advance propane in government’s new climate change projects
On March 10, the province of New Brunswick announced a list of 96 climate change projects funded through the NB carbon tax revenue for 2020-21.
These funds will be invested in projects to increase energy efficiency in buildings, undertake climate change research and complete climate adaptation projects for municipalities.
Since propane is already included in energy efficiency programs for low income, residential, commercial and industrial clients, the CPA will be seeking additional opportunities with this announcement.
Projects to consider for propane opportunities:
- $2.95 million for energy efficiency programming delivered through NB Power, including $1.5 million for low-income energy efficiency programming;
- Various energy retrofits efficiency upgrades to government owned buildings;
- Efficiency projects in government buildings;
- An initial study to explore opportunities to make the provincial government’s vehicle fleet more environmentally friendly (which could also lead to more opportunity for propane school buses and fleets); and
- Funding for the Gaia Project, a non-profit charitable organization designed to educate students and teachers on energy efficiency, low-carbon transportation options and emerging renewable energy sources.
A complete list of projects is available here.