Show your industry support – renew your corporate membership today
Print this Article | Send to Colleague
The past year was a historic one for the CDA. In June 2019, Canada hosted the international dam community for ICOLD 2019 which saw 1,400 people meet in Ottawa. Four months later, just over 400 people gathered in Calgary for the CDA annual conference. In addition to these two successful events, the CDA can also be proud of the following accomplishments:
- Substantively completing the Technical Bulletin: Emergency Management for Dam Safety, and launching a community of interest on the topic.
- Direct support for the ICOLD Committee on Dam Safety as it refines guidance for the international dam community, which will inform the revisions to CDA’s Dam Safety Guidelines.
- Extensive revisions to the Technical Bulletin on the Application of the Dam Safety Guidelines to Mining Dams.
- Launching an on-line system to make the CDA’s guidance document available for free to members
- More work on other technical issues, such as engineer of record, environmental consequences of dams, and tailings dam breach analysis.
This coming year is going to have new challenges for the CDA. In-person activities will be significantly curtailed, and the CDA will have to develop new ways – like on-line learning and networking – to aid the community in these extraordinary times.
Continuing as a corporate or sustaining member has never been more important to the CDA and we hope during these difficult times you will continue to support us by renewing your membership for the 2020-2021 fiscal year.
Corporate membership is $500 and sustaining membership is $1,000. Your support is essential for the CDA to continue to help the dam community provide the benefits of safe dams for communities and the environment.
Should you have any questions about your corporate or sustaining membership renewal, please contact Don Butcher at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (416) 255-7076.