The NEW cda.ca is Here!
We’re pleased to announce that our new website has launched – we hope you're pleased with the result.
You will already have received an email like the one below from Canadian Dam Association/Association canadienne des barrages, on behalf of email@example.com, asking you to create a new password:
Please note this is a legitimate email, and not a phishing attempt. You’ll need to follow the instructions to access member benefits like preferential rates for technical documents and events, free read-only access to our technical document library on desLibris, and free access to ICOLD technical bulletins.
If your organization enforces strict security and blocks cookies, you may not be able create a new password or to access the profile update page from the email mentioned above. In that case, we recommend you forward the email to an address that you can open on a personal (as opposed to a work) computer. If that computer is also connected to your employer’s VPN, close that connection down. You should be able to create your new password that way, and it ought to work on any computer, including a work one.
While you’re in your profile page, we invite you to update it as well. We’ll be adding new information categories in the very near future to help us understand your interests and needs better so you can get more from your CDA membership – check your profile often to see this.
In the meantime, if there are resources you think would be of interest to you and the rest of the dam safety community, please let us know – contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your suggestions.
Some quick hints to help you navigate the site:
- We strongly recommend that you do not use Microsoft’s Internet Explorer (IE) – the site doesn’t render correctly in IE, and it is no longer supported by Microsoft. Instead, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Edge all work well.
- To purchase anything – technical documents, webinars or conference registrations – click on the red “Shop CDA-ACB” button at the top right of the page. This will take you to a listing of events and a link to the CDA store (for technical documents).
- Want to see upcoming events? On the home page, on the right-hand side, you’ll see “Upcoming”, which lists all the events we have scheduled. Just click the one that interests you.
- Not on the home page? From the menu, select “Professional Development” and “Upcoming Events” – you can scroll through the calendar or look at “Featured Events” (like the 2021 conference).
- Did you know CDA’s on Twitter? View our Twitter feed on the home page.
- Interested in viewing one of our webinars? Login (link at the top of the screen) and click on the “Members Only” icon ( ). From here, you can click on “Event Recordings” to see our entire webinar library.
- From the “Members Only” page, you can also view and update your member profile at any time – just scroll down to the bottom of the page.
We hope you enjoy the new site. Please send us your feedback – just email Joy Morassutti at email@example.com with any comments.