2021 GCIP Grant Applications Are Available
The ACCG Civic Affairs Foundation is accepting grant applications for the 2021 Georgia County Internship Program (GCIP) through December 31, 2020. The GCIP offers first-hand internship experiences to undergraduate and graduate level college students in county government. Each summer, internships are offered across a broad spectrum of county government departments from accounting to watershed management.
There are three types of internship grant opportunities available for 2021: 1) General GCIP Grant, 2) Joan Garner Health and Human Services Internship Grant and 3) Dr. Jim Kundell Environmental Management Internship Grant. Instructions on how to apply for a 2021 grant and grant applications are available at https://www.accg.org/caf_countyinfo.php.
• Grants will be awarded for the period of May 1, 2021-September 1, 2021.
• The deadline for counties to apply for a grant is Thursday, December 31, 2020.
• Grant award recipients will be notified by Friday, February 4, 2021.
• A grant covers the cost of a 200-hour internship at a pay rate of $12 per hour.
• Counties are responsible for recruiting and hiring interns.