- This week American Logistics Aid Network is participating in the “Shaken Fury” National Level Exercise which simulates a 7.7 magnitude earthquake along the Cottonwood Grove Fault, the southwest segment of the New Madrid Seismic Zone, near Memphis, TN. The scenario affects the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, and Tennessee.
This is a reminder that the first round of exhibit booth reservation requests for the 2020 TIA Capital Ideas and Exhibitioncloses June 14, 2019, at 11:59 PM, EST. To reserve a booth, click here. If you have additonal questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your voice, leadership and support are imperative if we’re going to be successful in educating members of Congress on the important role that YOUR businesses play in the American economy!
From June 11-12, 2019, you can:
- Experience two days of high-level briefings, meetings with decision makers in Congress, and exclusive dinners with industry leaders
- Walk the halls of Congress advocating on behalf of your business and your industry
- Build personal relationships with your elected officials
- Gain the maximum value from your TIA membership
- Enjoy a private tour of the Library of Congress
Questions? Please contact a member of the TIA staff at 703-299-5705.
|Thank you to our generous 2019 Policy Forum sponsors!
Registration is now open for 3PL Technovations! If you're looking to stay on the forefront of leading data technologies and make smarter, more informed decisions for your business, you won't want to miss this event and neither will your employees! Gain insights on blockchain, freight matching, economic shifts, and more. We know you have options. Choose a technology meeting geared towards 3PLs and take control of the technology changes affecting your business.
Thank you to our 2019 Technovators
- June 9-12, 2019: Amelia Island, FL - TMSA Logistics Marketing & Sales Conference
- June 10-12, 2019: Chicago, IL - United Fresh Global Cold Chain Expo
- June 11-12, 2019: Washington, D.C. - TIA Fly-In and 3PL Policy Forum
- Aug. 1-2, 2019: Minnetonka, MN - Transportation, Logistics and the Law for 3PLs
- Aug. 25-27, 2019: Denver, CO - McLeod Software User Conference
- Sept. 10-12, 2019: Indianapolis, Indiana - FTR Conference
- Sept. 15-18, 2019: Anaheim, California - CSCMP
- Sept. 15-18, 2019: Houston, TX - TMW Users Conference
- Sept. 19-21, 2019: Columbus, Ohio - NASCO Continental Reunion
- Oct. 9-11, 2019: Austin, TX - DAT User Conference
- Nov. 12-13, 2019: Amelia Island, FL - 3PL Technovations
- April 1-4, 2020: Austin, TX - TIA Capital Ideas Conference & Exhibition
Usually economists, myself included, shy away from writing and speaking on politics. There are many things that politicians deal with that have little to do with the economy, but generate large passions; abortion, for instance. It is safest, therefore, for economists to stay away from such issues lest those passions detract from the calmer business of studying the economy. That choice is especially common among Austrian economists like me who believe strongly that the government’s influence over economic matters is profoundly overrated.
Trucking is undergoing a transformation, as new technologies, e-commerce, ELDs, and economic growth reshape the supply chain landscape and add volatility to the mix. That volatility exposes motor carriers, freight brokerages, 3PLs, and shippers to more risk. That's where the first-ever Trucking Freight Futures exchange comes in.
Please take a few minutes to review the list of TIA Member Candidates for the month of June. If you have any information on why a Candidate should not be accepted into membership, please contact TIA immediately. Opposition or inquiries must be submitted in writing. A copy of the inquiry will be sent to the Candidate.
If you have any questions or objections please contact Katie Henderson, Sales Manager, at 703-299-5700
The TIA is looking for talented and dedicated 3PL professionals to serve on the TIA Membership Committee. In support of the TIA Strategic Plan, the committee will provide strategic guidance to aid in the recruitment, retention and growth of TIA. Do you enjoy engaging with members, learning about member engagement strategies and being part of a community that serves the industry and helps drive value? If so, then the Membership Committee may be the place for you. Please email Matt Mantione, CAE, VP of Membership at email@example.com to express your interest in serving and learn more the opportunity by Friday, June 14.
Sign up now for the CTB course that begins July 1. The online exam will be administered on Sat., Sept. 28, 2019. The Certified Transportation Broker (CTB) Program is the most-widely recognized designation among 3PLs and sets you apart from your peers. Learn more and register here.
"The CTB course was challenging but rewarding. The material provided insight into many industry topics that I had encountered, but never fully understood.” – Kenton Sprayberry, BR Williams Trucking, Inc.
If you have any questions, please contact Sean Tucker, Education Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The topic of automatic trucks appears at times like a gee-whizz fantasy. It could happen someday, but too far out for today's industry to worry about. In this webinar, TIA's transportation economist Noël Perry takes a closer look at this phenomenon and will speculate on how we will get from here to there. His conclusions, as usual, include some big surprises, in this case in two important ways: Highway automation is more about cars than trucks. That's one. And two: there are some powerful intermediate steps in this change that will be requiring your attention much sooner than you think. Tune in to find out!
When: Wed., June 12, 2-3PM EST. Presented by: Noël Perry
Click Here to Register
Is your year a little off what you expected or hoped for? It’s time for a course correction. Come hear Joel McGinley provide you with tools and information to make your course correction. This 3-day, 1-hour per day, webinar will cover how to improve your performance, especially if you feel off track for the year. This webinar will cover:
Day 1 – Elements of performance management
Day 2 – Motivating workers to perform
Day 3 – Managing with proper Key Performance Indicators
June 18-20th, 2019
2-3 PM EST each day
Presented by: Joel McGinley
$295 Members, $395 Non-Members
The Member Resource Library is a collection of guidelines and frameworks, contracts, legal cases, and other resources to provide TIA Members with a knowledge bank for 3PL success.
You must be logged into the TIA website to access this library. Contact a member of TIA staff at 703-299-5700 if you need assistance.
Special $225 Savings for TIA Members. The New Employee Package evaluates and makes your employees better. It Includes: New Employee Orientation, and The New Hire Assessment OR The Performance Predictor Assessment. Are you ready to stand out? Start your employees off on the right track and demonstrate your company’s commitment to success.
Get involved with TIA's Mentorship Program. We’re looking for experienced 3PLs who are willing to pass on their knowledge.This is an exciting opportunity that will allow you to make a positive contribution to the industry. Apply to Become a Mentor!