Your voice, leadership and support are imperative if we’re going to be successful in educating Members of Congress on the important role that YOUR businesses play in the American economy!
From June 11-12, 2019, you can:
- Experience two days of high-level briefings, meetings with decision makers in Congress, and exclusive dinners with industry leaders
- Walk the halls of Congress advocating on behalf of your business and your industry
- Build personal relationships with your elected officials
- Gain the maximum value from your TIA membership
- Enjoy a private tour of the Library of Congress
Questions? Please contact a member of the TIA staff at 703-299-5705.
Learn more and register...
|Thank you to our generous 2019 Policy Forum sponsors!
Registration is now open for 3PL Technovations! If you're looking to stay on the forefront of leading data technologies and make smarter, more informed decisions for your business, you won't want to miss this event and neither will your employees! Gain insights on blockchain, freight matching, economic shifts, and more. We know you have options. Choose a technology meeting geared towards 3PLs and take control of the technology changes affecting your business.
Thank you to our 2019 Technovators
- May 15-17, 2019: Phoenix, AZ - Truckstop.com Connected Conference
- May 16, 2019: Hong Kong - 3PL Value Creation Asia Summit
- June 9-12, 2019: Amelia Island, FL - TMSA Logistics Marketing & Sales Conference
- June 10-12, 2019: Chicago, IL - United Fresh Global Cold Chain Expo
- June 11-12, 2019: Washington, DC - TIA Fly-In and 3PL Policy Forum
- Aug. 25-27, 2019: Denver, CO - McLeod Software User Conference
- Sept. 15-18, 2019: Houston, TX - Trimble in.sight Users Conference
- Oct. 9-11, 2019: Austin, TX - DAT User Conference
- Nov. 12-13, 2019: Amelia Island, FL - 3PL Technovations
- April 1-4, 2020: Austin, TX - TIA Capital Ideas Conference & Exhibition
TIA was recently made aware of a new permitting requirement for drivers and local businesses to obtain within quarantine zones over a concern of the spotted lanternfly. There are quarantine zones in the States of Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey and Virginia with more states likely to follow.
Just when we thought spring had finally arrived, van rates cooled off again last week on the spot market. More loads moved than in any other week this year, but there are still plenty of trucks available, so load-to-truck ratios declined despite the additional volume. Van rates backed down to a national average of $1.80 per mile, matching April’s level, despite a one cent increase in the average fuel surcharge.
Are you taking advantage of the TIA Advantage Program? As part of TIA’s commitment to helping its members grow and succeed, TIA has partnered with several companies to offer its members products and services at special savings!
Members at TIA have access to savings. Ensure you are taking Advantage!
TIA Business Services offers robust education and a suite of services dedicated to helping your business grow. Our three assessments evaluate your employees throughout their careers:
"The topic of automatic trucks appears at times like a gee-whizz fantasy."
It could happen someday, but too far out for today's industry to worry about. In this webinar, TIA's transportation economist Noël Perry takes a closer look at this phenomenon and will speculate on how we will get from here to there. His conclusions, as usual, include some big surprises, in this case in two important ways: Highway automation is more about cars than trucks. That's one. And two: there are some powerful intermediate steps in this change that will be requiring your attention much sooner than you think. Tune in to find out!
When: Wednesday, June 12, 2-3PM EST
Presented by: Noël Perry
The Member Resource Library is a collection of Guidelines and Frameworks, Contracts, Legal Cases, and Other Resources to provide TIA Members with a knowledge bank for 3PL success.
You must be logged into the TIA website to access this library. Contact a member of TIA staff at 703-299-5700 if you need assistance.
Teaching your new employees the basics of brokering in addition to your office operations can be a challenge, so let TIA ease the burden with our unique New Employee Orientation (NEO) course. This course covers all the basics: rules and regulations, how to sell, business ethics and more!