Career Opportunities at SSPC
Technical Services Specialist
Primary and Essential Duties and Processes:
1. Providing technical support for the membership and the SSPC staff.
2. Develop written technical information in the form of presentations and articles on good practice and newer technologies emerging in the field.
3. Represent SSPC on industry technical committees such as ASTM, NACE, ISO, ACI, ICRI, SSPC Technical Committees as assigned by the Technical Services Director
4. Serve as an SME (e.g., write, research, edit and perform QA) on development of new training materials and courses and revisions of existing training and certifications offered by SSPC.
5. Manage Annual Conference Technical Paper Submission, Acceptance and Review Program
6. Serve as Technical Team Lead regarding responses to industry technical inquiries
7. Provide backup for SSPC Committee Administration
8. Conduct Technical Presentations and Coatings Workshops for existing and potential customers – support BD
9. Conduct Technical Presentations and Coatings Workshops for existing and potential customers
10. Represent SSPC at Trade Shows/Exhibits when technical representation is required such as NACE, NSRP, PDA and similar technical conferences
11. Manage technical side of the SSPC Webinar Development Program
Qualifications to Support Primary and Essential Duties:
• Bachelor's degree in chemistry, material sciences, biology, environmental science, corrosion engineering, construction management or an engineering discipline or related discipline from an accredited institution plus a minimum of two years of coating industry work experience or equivalent internship.
• Technical writing skills.
• PC proficiency, ability to use the internet and smart devices to search for, process and disseminate technical information.
• Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally and navigate job sites- travel approximately 25-35 percent of the time
Applicants for this position must demonstrate a high level of integrity and trust, be customer focused, possess strong listening skills and a problem-solving acumen. In addition, this position requires sound functional and technical skills, perseverance and good investigative and scientific research skills.
Core Competencies to Ensure Success:
Organizing-coordination-scheduling; ability to handle multiple assignments; attention to detail; ability to interface with internal staff, members, external providers; training ability; able to perform repetitive work; respond to periods of heightened activity; participative roles in teams and task groups - communication, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
Complementary Duties and Processes:
Participate in teams and task groups for meetings and projects as needed, assigned or appointed.
Additional Qualifications to Support Complementary Duties and Processes:
No additional qualifications needed; work condition factors are essentially the same as for the Primary and Essential Duties and Processes.
For more information or to apply for this position, please email Keith Koebley.