SSPC 2018 Preview
SSPC 2018 kicks off Monday, January 15, 2018 and runs until Thursday, January 18. We will have a number of new initiatives, and opportunities for our members to network and to further educate themselves on the industrial coatings market. A few of the new initiatives are:
- The Phil Calvo Memorial Golf Outing which will occur Sunday, January 14 at noon at the Lakewood Golf Club. This event is being held in memory of one of our previous board members and a great contributor to the efforts of SSPC, Phil Calvo, who passed away earlier this year. All proceeds will benefit the SSPC Scholarship Fund. More information can be found here.
- Our Step It Up challenge is a wellness initiative where teams of five members each will be provided pedometers to track the number of steps they walk during the conference. The winning team will be awarded a prize at the Conference’s Closing Party, which is back by popular demand. More information on the Step It Up Challenge can be found here.
- The Construction Zone in the SSPC Resource Center, where all attendees will be able to add a Lego piece which they were provided in their registration packets, to help construct an industry related structure.
- Live streaming of the Awards luncheon.
- SSPC’s new mobile conference app syncs with our website, and provides much greater functionality than our previous apps. The app is now available on all Apple, Android and BlackBerry devices through the CrowdCompass platform. You can learn all about our new app here.
- Mobile polling through the new CrowdCompass app.
- New course offerings, including the Industrial Coatings Safety Management Training, Thermal Spray Inspector Training, Thermal Spray Applicator Training and the revised C-1, C-2 and C-7 programs.
- The availability of our new Standards and Best Practice for Surface Preparation for Steel Substrates publication compilation.
- A PCS / Young Professionals Happy Hour where multi-generational networking can develop in a relaxing venue.
- A staffed Trainthepainter kiosk at our booth where interested organizations can learn more about this comprehensive craft worker training program.
- The introduction of our new conference branding: Coatings+
- Registration will be opening on Sunday this year for attendees who arrive over the weekend.
- A new unique and innovative training concept which will be unveiled and introduced at our booth.
While you’re at the conference, be sure to stop by the bookstore across from the registration desk to pick up the latest SSPC merchandise.
Any questions on our events can be directed to Event Coordinator Nicole Lourette at Lourette@sspc.org.