New Publication from SSPC!
SSPC has issued our first Compilation on Standards and Best Practices for the industrial protective coatings industry. These technical reference books will provide the essential standards and best practices for conducting successful coatings projects from start to finish. Each publication includes the most pertinent standards for each subject as well as technical articles written by coatings industry subject matter experts.
“Standards and Best Practice for Surface Preparation of Steel Substrates” is now available in the SSPC Marketplace. The price is just $125 for SSPC Members and $175 for Non-Members. If you are attending SSPC 2018 in New Orleans, please visit the bookstore to purchase your copy.
This softcover book is a complete collection of SSPC surface preparation specifications for steel including the widely used SSPC/NACE Joint Surface Preparation Standards:
White Metal Blast Cleaning, (SP 5/NACE 1); Commercial Blast Cleaning (SP 6/NACE 3); Brush-Off Blast Cleaning (SP 7/NACE 4); Near White Metal Blast Cleaning, (SP 10 NACE 2); Industrial Blast Cleaning (SP 14/NACE 8), and Brush-Off Blast Cleaning of Coated and Uncoated Galvanized Steel, Stainless Steel and Non-Ferrous Metals, (SP 16).
Also included are the SSPC standards: Solvent Cleaning (SP 1); Hand Tool Cleaning (SP 2); Power Tool Cleaning (SP 3); Power Tool Cleaning to Bare Metal (SP 11), and Pickling (SP 8).
Also included is the complete set of SSPC and NACE Joint standards for Wet Abrasive Blasting:
White Metal Wet Abrasive Blasting (SP 5 (WAB)/NACE WAB-1; Commercial Wet Abrasive Blast Cleaning (SP 6 (WAB)NACE WAB-3; Brush-Off Wet Abrasive Blast Cleaning (SP 7 (WAB)/NACE WAB 4); Near White Metal Wet Abrasive Blast Cleaning (SP 10 (WAB)/NACE WAB-2, and Industrial Wet Abrasive Blast Cleaning (SP 14 (WAB)/NACE WAB-8).
The SSPC/NACE Joint Waterjetting standards complete the essential standards in the Surface Preparation Compilation. They are:
Waterjet Cleaning of Metals – Clean to Bare Substrate (SP WJ-1/NACE WJ-1); Waterjet Cleaning of Metals – Very Thorough Cleaning (SP WJ-2/NACE WJ-2); Waterjet Cleaning of Metals – Thorough Cleaning (SP WJ-3/NACE WJ-3) and Waterjet Cleaning of Metals – Light Cleaning (SP WJ-4/NACE WJ-4).
In addition to all of the standards, the compilation will feature selected articles from Good Painting, Practice SSPC Painting Manual Volume 1, which was just revised in 2016 and selected papers from the SSPC 2016 and 2017 conference proceedings.
The next compilation in the series is Standards and Best Practices for Surface Preparation and Coating Application of Concrete.
It will include all of the relevant standards on Surface Preparation and Coating of Concrete — plus important Guides, Technology Reports, conference papers and articles from SSPC Good Painting Practice, Volume 1. Some of the standards included are:
- SSPC-SP 13/NACE No. 6, Surface Preparation of Concrete
- SSPC-PA 7, Applying Thin Film Coatings to Concrete
- SSPC-PA 14, Application of Thick Film Polyurea and Polyurethane Coatings for Concrete and Steel Using Plural-Component Coatings
- SSPC-Paint 41, Moisture-Cured Polyurethane Primer or Intermediate Coat, Micaceous Iron Oxide Reinforced, Performance-Based
- SSPC-Paint 44, Liquid-Applied Organic Polymeric Coatings and Linings for Concrete and Municipal Wastewater Facilities, Performance-Based
- SSPC-Paint 46, Elastomeric, Water-Based, High Build, Flat Performance-Based Coating for Masonry and Concrete
- SSPC PA 9, Measurement of Dry Coating Thickness Using Ultrasonic Gages
- SSPC-QP 6, Standard Procedure for Evaluation the Qualification of Contractors Who Apply Thermal Spray (Metallizing) for Corrosion Protection of Steel and Concrete Structures
- SSPC-QP 8, Standard Procedure for Evaluating the Qualification of Contracting Firms that Install Polymer Coatings, Surfacings, Linings or FRP Composites on Concrete and Other Cementitious Substrates
Please watch for our announcement in the early spring!
You can purchase this and all other SSPC publications from our website, www.sspc.org or call our office toll free at 1-877-281-7772, extension 2232 and Rachel Clites, SSPC’s Member Services Fulfillment Coordinator, will be happy to assist you. For our organizational members, you will be able to use four of your flex points to obtain your free copy of any of the compilations.
If you have any questions about your membership or your flex points, please contact Nathan Wyman at (877) 281-7772 x 2234.