Workshop Invitation - Absenteeism and Attendance Management
Workplace absenteeism creates some of the most challenging issues faced by employers. For example, when is absenteeism culpable, human rights considerations, how to obtain meaningful medical information, how to design and implement a defensible attendance management program, and at what point is there “cause” to terminate? Using interactive learning and real-life scenarios, this half-day workshop examines the following topics:
1. Managing Workplace Absenteeism
- Human rights and privacy considerations.
- How to obtain meaningful medical information.
2. Attendance Management Programs
- Understand the difference between culpable and non-culpable absence.
- How to establish effective and defensible absenteeism thresholds.
- Tips and traps when implementing an attendance management program.
3. Discipline and Discharge for Attendance-Related Reasons
- When and how to use discipline to manage absenteeism.
- When will absenteeism constitute “cause” for termination.
- When to terminate for frustration of contract and innocent absenteeism.
DATE & TIME: 9 a.m/ – noon
Tuesday, March 30
Wednesday, March 31
Wednesday, April 7
Thursday, April 8
Zoom Virtual Workshop
$400 plus tax
Here [you will receive a secure Zoom link 24 hrs prior]
This is a small group workshop; space is extremely limited.
SHERRARD KUZZ LLP | Employment & Labour Lawyers
250 Yonge Street, Suite 3300, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5B 2L7