COVID-19 - Mitigating Workplace Risk and Leveraging Government Assistance
On April 27, 2020 the federal government opened the portal for the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy. What could this mean for employers?
Join our panel of tax and employment law experts, as we help Ontario businesses understand: the shifting landscape; options to mitigate risk; and the potential to leverage opportunity.
- Managing employee leaves in a pandemic and post-pandemic workplace.
- Health and safety considerations.
- Layoffs, recalls and terminations – mitigating risk.
- Tax consequences to individuals receiving support under the Supplemental Unemployment Benefit (SUB) Program and Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB).
- The 10% Temporary Wage Subsidy and 75% Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) – how employers can qualify and tax consequences when they do.
- Unique issues with the CEWS for owner-managers and groups of employers.
DATE & TIME: Friday May 1, 2020 from 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
LOCATION: Zoom Webinar - Registrants will receive a link 24 hours prior to the event.
REGISTER: Click to register by Wednesday April 29, 2020
For more information about this Webinar, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the re line: Sherrard Kuzz – Thorsteinssons