More sessions at the Symposium ...
Performance and Cultural Alignment
There are three objectives for this session.
- Point out areas in all organizations where some degree of misalignment exists
- Introduce a concept called the Management Performance System, which begins to align the expectations of all employees towards the company’s singular goal
- Give the participants strategies and ideas that they can apply to their business to bring about greater alignment, leading to greater predictability and profitability
Presented by Andrew Rush of Carpedia International
Modernization Under the New Construction Act
The new Construction Act introduces a variety of changes to the existing lien remedies and to the trust provisions. As well, new surety bond forms have been introduced which apply to public projects. This panel will provide an update on how these changes will affect the entire industry, including both the contracting community and the owner community.
- Sharon Vogel, Singleton Urquhart Reynolds Vogel LLP
- Denise Bambrough, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
- Jeremy Rankin, McMillan LLP
- Wendy Law, City of Mississauga
- Eric Tilley, Infrastructure Ontario
Success and Advancement of Women in Construction
A panel of industry leaders will discuss what both employers and employees can do to positively facilitate the success and advancement of women in construction. This is a session not to be missed. The panel consists of influencers representing general contractors, construction firms, and council representing the construction industry and industry associations. Many studies support the idea that companies with greater equality and diversity among employees (not just in gender but also race, religion, socioeconomic and age) are more innovative resulting in economic success – which is beneficial for everyone involved.
Conversations, involving both the minority and majority parties, are an important step to enriching the construction industry. This session will provide you a wide angled overview of the challenges women face in the construction industry. You will gain insight and ideas to assist you and your organization in working within your workplace and the industry as a whole.
- Dawn Tattle – President & CEO | Dawn Tattle Enterprises Ltd.
- Matt Ainley – Senior Construction Executive & Consultant | Matt Ainley Inc.
- Catherine Willson, LL.B – Inhouse Council | Goldman, Sloan, Nash & Haber LLP
- Brenda Martin – Executive Vice President | Frey Building Contractors
- Suzanne Johnson – Environmental Health & Safety Manager | Ball Construction Corp.