CDAO Members' Event – Construction Lien Act/Bill 142
May 14, 2018 - Click Here to Register
Changing the Business: Navigating the New Construction (Lien) Act
We all know that Bill 142 is just around the corner, but what does it really mean for the construction and design industry? The Construction and Design Alliance of Ontario invites its members to Eagles Nest Golf Course on May 14th for an interactive discussion about what firms should expect moving forward.
Who should attend?
- Owners/buyers of design and construction services;
- Architects, engineers and interior designers;
- General contractors;
- Trades; and
What will be discussed?
- How ALL stakeholders will need to change their culture to adapt;
- Changes to contracts and agreements related to the Act including prompt payment and adjudication;
- Changes to collective agreements that may conflict with payment timelines in the new Act;
- Surety bond changes in Ontario including the new bond forms and the claims process; and
- Explanation on the relationship between CLA and adjudication processes.
- Geza Banfai, McMillan LLP
- Ted Betts, Gowling WLG
- Steve Ness, Surety Association of Canada
- Jerry Paglia, York Region
- Frank Perricone, Percon Construction Inc.
- Chris Stanek, Gowling WLG
Venue: Eagles Nest Golf Course, 10000 Dufferin St., Box 403, Maple, ON L6A 1S3
Date & Schedule: Monday, May 14, 2018
7:30 a.m. – Registration and hot breakfast
8:30 a.m. – Session with keynote speaker and panel
11 a.m. – Wrap-up
Cost: $50 (includes HST)
*No refunds for no-shows and cancellations after May 4. Substitutions are allowed.*
How to Register:
Register through the Ontario Society of Professional Engineers’ website at https://www.ospe.on.ca/events#1168/CDAO
Call Saskia at (416) 200-2102 or email at email@example.com