Water Circuit Rider — Western Region
The NYRWA is accepting applications in anticipation of an opening for our Western Region Water Circuit Rider position. The purpose of the Circuit Rider program is to provide on-site technical assistance to small rural water systems (systems serving less than 10,000 customers) with issues ranging from leak detection, line location, treatment issues, regulatory compliance, emergency response plans, standard operating procedures, asset management plans and all forms of capacity development.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
1. Travels extensively throughout western New York State to offer on-site technical assistance.
2. Provides assistance in all areas of operations, maintenance, management, security, finance, public health and environmental issues.
3. Provides the type of assistance that offers "training" rather than "fixing."
4. Prioritize requests to ensure coverage of water systems with serious health or economic problems first.
5. Circuit Riders are required to attend (2) National Rural Water Association training events per year, typically held in June and September in various locations around the country.
6. Reviews new technical standards set and proposed by public and private organizations.
7. Develops informational magazine articles quarterly for publication.
8. Responds to inquiries from facilities, governmental agencies and others regarding technical matters.
9. Works closely with both the USDA, Rural Development staff and NYS Department of Health personnel.
10. Accurately completes and submits daily activity logs and monthly reports in a timely fashion.
11. Eligible candidates must possess a NYS Water Operator Certification; preference will be given to applicants with a Grade IIA & D Certification.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Company vehicle, laptop, cell phone, printer and all equipment needed to complete the field work.
- Flexible work schedule, you develop your own schedule, but must work 40 hours per week.
- Salary contingent upon qualifications, experience and ability.
- Health and dental insurance or a monthly stipend are provided.
- 401(k) retirement plan
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume with salary requirements to Jamie Herman, CEO, at email@example.com