NYRWA is currently accepting resumes for a Wastewater Technician to provide onsite technical assistance to wastewater operators and systems in central and western New York. This is a full-time position open immediately due to the growth of our association.
The purpose of the Wastewater Technician is to protect the nation’s multi-billion-dollar investment in rural and small municipal wastewater facilities and collection systems and to assist in maintaining regulatory compliance. This objective is met for systems by providing on-site technical assistance that assures cost-effective operations, system optimization, regulatory compliance and capacity development.
- Travel extensively throughout the state/jurisdiction (central & western, NY) to offer on-site technical assistance to municipal wastewater systems serving populations of 10,000 or less
- Provide assistance in all areas of operations, maintenance, management, security, finances, loan application, health, and environmental issues.
- Provide the type of assistance that offers "training" rather than "fixing".
- Prioritize requests to ensure coverage of wastewater systems with serious health, economic or compliance problems first.
- Review new technical standards set and proposed by public, private and regulatory organizations.
- Develop informational articles for dissemination.
- Respond to inquiries from facilities, consumers, governmental agencies, and others regarding technical matters.
- Provide on-site assistance and/or training that geographically covers the program territory.
- May be required to meet with various agencies on routine intervals.
- Accurately complete and submit reporting as required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Company vehicle, laptop, cell phone, printer, and data projector provided.
- Health & dental insurance or a monthly stipend are provided.
- Flexible work schedule, you develop your own schedule, but must work 40 hours per week.
- Recently retired operators are encouraged to apply as well.
- Salary contingent upon qualifications, experience, and ability.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume with salary requirements to Jamie Herman, CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org