NYRWA Employment Opportunity: Water Quality Action Specialist - Wastewater
Print this Article | Send to Colleague
NYRWA is growing and is currently accepting resumes for a Water Quality Action Specialist who will work with wastewater systems throughout the state. The New York Rural Water Association anticipates at least (1) future opening and is seeking interested candidates to provide resumes.
Water Quality Action Specialist - Wastewater
The purpose of the Water Quality Action Specialist is to protect the nation’s multi-billion-dollar investment in rural and small municipal water/wastewater by assisting (10) municipally owned wastewater systems with the development of Sustainable Management Action Plans (SMAPs) over the course of the next year. The SMAPs will promote effective and sustainable utility management for the (10) wastewater systems selected.
- Facilitate meeting with the (10) wastewater systems selected and utilize materials from the “Rural and Small Systems Guidebook to Sustainable Water and Wastewater Utility Management” to assist them with developing a Sustainable Management Action Plan.
- Travel to the wastewater systems for meetings, facilitate reviews and responses, and create the completed action plan for their review and approval.
- Provide the type of assistance that offers "training" rather than "fixing".
- Travel to (2) National Rural Water events annually – June & September.
- Develop informational articles for dissemination.
- Provide on-site assistance and/or training that geographically covers the program territory.
- May be required to meet with various agencies on routine intervals.
- Accurately complete and submit reporting as required.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Company vehicle, laptop, cell phone, printer, and data projector provided.
- Health & dental insurance or a monthly stipend are provided.
- Flexible work schedule, you develop your own schedule, but must work 40 hours per week.
- Recently retired operators are encouraged to apply as well.
- Salary contingent upon qualifications, experience, and ability.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume with salary requirements to Jamie Herman, CEO, at email@example.com