NRMCA Board Nomination Period to Close in Less than Three Weeks
NRMCA is looking for individuals to serve on its Board of Directors. While serving on the Board requires both commitment and energy, it is a rewarding opportunity to give back to the industry. NRMCA represents a broad range of ready mixed concrete companies across the U.S. and our success is a direct result of the skills and expertise of our professional staff working in conjunction with Board members. Director nominees must be committed to promoting NRMCA programs and working in the best interest of its membership and the industry at large. The Board provides strategic direction, fiduciary oversight and governance of the organization’s operations.
Nominees are vetted by the Nominating Committee which consists of the current chairman of the Board, the immediate past chairman of the Board and past chairs for the previous seven years who are still active in the industry. The selected slate of nominees is then presented to and elected by the general membership and will serve a three-year term that begins immediately following the Annual Convention in 2022. Board members should have the following attributes:
- Current NRMCA Producer member in good standing;
- Demonstrates key decisionmaking skills within his or her company;
- Inherent leadership, management and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to participate in and sustain collaborative group efforts;
- Commitment to attend and participate in two Board meetings each year and fulfill all duties and responsibilities as referenced in the Board Job Description;
- Serve on NRMCA committees of their choice;
- Attend and participate in promotion programs in their region;
- Contribute annually to support the association's Political Action Committee (CONCRETEPAC) and the RMC Research & Education Foundation; and
- Recruit new members and help to retain existing members.
NRMCA members can submit a nomination and individuals are also free to nominate themselves. Please note that members who have served a three-year term and are going off the Board in 2022 are not eligible for re-election until 2023. The exception to this is a Board member who is filling an unexpired vacant seat.