NRMCA Still Accepting Entries for 2021 Kids Art Contest
NRMCA is still accepting entries for its 2021 Kids Art Contest, sponsored by the Truck Mixer Manufacturers Bureau. The theme for the contest is Captain Concrete: My Essential Superhero. The contest is open to children up to grade 12 who have a relationship to an NRMCA member.
- Entrants must be related to or sponsored by an NRMCA member;
- Each contestant is limited to one entry;
- Artwork should be 100% produced by the entrant and be original;
- Entries may be in a medium of the artist's choice (oil, water color, pastels, pencil, pen and ink, charcoal, crayon, etc.). Entries can be a drawing, collage, painting or other two-dimensional work;
- Entries must incorporate a ready mixed concrete truck in some manner, but should not be limited to a picture of a ready mixed concrete truck;
- Entries must be on 8"x10" flat paper. We encourage artwork to be on good quality bond or drawing paper, or illustration board. Entries should not be framed or matted;
- For contact purposes, please attach the 2021 Kids Art Contest form to the back of the artwork. Contact name, address, phone number for both sponsor and artist must be included or entry will not be considered; and
- Entries must be postmarked no later than Thursday, December 31.
Entries will be divided among the following grade categories: pre-K-K; 1-3, 4-6 and 7-12. First, second and third place winners will be selected from each grade category. Prizes will be awarded in each grade category ($100 first place, $50 second and $25 third). Entries will be judged only against others in their respective grade category. They will be judged on originality, effort, creativity, composition and interpretation of the theme.
Winners in each category will be announced at NRMCA’s 2021 Annual Convention, February 28 – March 3 in San Antonio, TX. Images of the winning entries will be used later in the year to create a 2021 NRMCA calendar and winners and the sponsoring members will receive a free copy of the calendar. Selected entries will be displayed at NRMCA’s Annual Convention. NRMCA reserves the right to copy and modify any entry for reproduction. Entries will not be returned and may be used for future promotional opportunities.
Entries should be mailed or delivered to Taylor Drzewicki, NRMCA, 66 Canal Center Plaza, Suite 250 Alexandria, VA 22314. For more information please contact Taylor Drzewicki at email@example.com.