NRMCA Seeks Submissions for Series of Promotion Awards
NRMCA is seeking nominations for its annual Promoter of the Year – Buildings, Promoter of the Year - Pavements, State Affiliate Promoter of the Year and John Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award for Promotion.
The NRMCA Promoter of the Year Awards for Buildings and Pavements recognize the contributions and promotional efforts of individuals from the ready mixed concrete industry. You can help one of these industry champions gets deserved acknowledgement by nominating him or her for this prestigious award. Nominees must be employees of an NRMCA Producer member and must have worked in the industry for at least five years.
The State Affiliate Promoter of the Year Award recognizes outstanding concrete promotion contributions by an employee of one of NRMCA’s state affiliate partner organizations. Nominees must be current employees of a state affiliate who have worked in the industry for at least five years.Any active participant in the ready mixed concrete industry (including suppliers and contractors) can help a promotion champion gain acknowledgement by nominating him or her for this prestigious award.
Please submit a nomination of no more than two pages, detailing a nominee’s promotional efforts over the last five years with particular emphasis on contributions during the past 12-18 months in some or all of the following performance categories:
- Conversions to concrete resulting from promotional activities;
- Promotional presentations to specifiers, developers, potential end-users, concrete industry personnel, or other individuals or groups;
- Professional development support of other promoters through leadership activities;
- Involvement in local and national trade association promotional activities in addition to state activities;
- Creative and innovative approaches in developing interest in concrete applications, and
- Educating potential markets about advanced and innovative concrete technologies.
The John Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award for Promotion is awarded to a concrete professional distinguished by a career that demonstrated outstanding leadership, dedication and achievement in support of concrete promotion and industry advancement. Nominees for this award must be former or present employees of NRMCA member companies who are retired or deceased. You can help one of these industry champions get deserved acknowledgement by nominating him or her for this prestigious award.
2020 Award recipients were:
- Promoter of the Year – Buildings, John Lee, Cemstone
- Promoter of the Year – Pavement, Martin Schneider, Midwest Concrete Materials
- State Affiliate Promoter of the Year, Dominic Di Cenzo, CT Concrete Promotion Council
- John Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award for Promotion, Matt Wood