NRMCA Schedules Next Installment of Concrete Pavement Webinar Series
The NRMCA Local Paving Team has scheduled a new webinar titled Soil Cement and Full-Depth Reclamation with Cement Using a Ready Mixed Concrete Truck for Tuesday, December 15, at 11 a.m. Eastern time. Instructors include NRMCA Vice President, Local Paving, Don Clem and Greg Halsted, PE, manager, pavements and geotechnical markets, Portland Cement Association. The cement slurry market is growing in many areas of the U.S.and offers a new opportunity for many NRMCA Producer members.
Soil Cement is a highly compacted mixture of soil/ aggregate, cement and water. Full-Depth Reclamation (FDR) is a method of pavement reconstruction (seen here) that utilizes the existing asphalt, base and subgrade material to produce a new stabilized base course for a chip seal, asphalt or concrete wearing surface. This webinar includes the following learning objectives:
- Understand the definition of Soil Cement and Full-Depth Reclamation;
- Advantages of the Soil Cement/FDR process;
- How to determine the appropriate cement content target;
- Soil Cement/FDR construction process; and
- Cement slurry delivered in a ready mixed concrete truck.
For more information, contact Don Clem at email@example.com.