Build With Strength Webinar Addresses Fire Safety
The Build With Strength Webinar (BWS) series continues today, Wednesday, May 13, at 2 p.m. Eastern time with The Balanced Design Approach to Fire Safety: How Concrete Buildings Can Help Reduce Risk led by Shamim Rashid-Sumar. This presentation investigates structure fire losses and provide balanced design recommendations. The next presentation in the series is scheduled for Wednesday, May 20, also at 2 p.m. Eastern time: The Environmental Impacts of Building Materials: A Primer for Comparing Concrete, Steel, Wood and Asphalt will be presented by James Bogdan.
Registration is also available for additional BWS webinars through June, focusing on the design and construction of high-performance concrete buildings. They provide American Institute of Architects (AIA) Elective Learning Units and/or Professional Development Hours (PDH) for continuing education requirements:
• New - May 27, 2-3 p.m. Eastern time - A New Generation of Tilt-up Buildings
• New - June 3, 2-3 p.m. Eastern time - Achieving Resilience with ICF Construction
• Popular - June 10, 2-3 p.m. Eastern time - Concrete Innovations
• New - June 17, 2-3 p.m. Eastern time - Economical Design of Insulating Concrete Forms
• Popular - June 24, 2-3 pm Eastern time - Specifying Sustainable Concrete Build With Strength
BWS is a coalition led by NRMCA that promotes standards advocacy to leverage policies promoting safety and resiliency and help place more concrete. For more information on the BWS webinar series, contact Lionel Lemay at firstname.lastname@example.org.