CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2020 a Success Despite COVID-19 Concerns
The U.S. heavy equipment industry came together to stage a successful CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2020 despite the concerns of COVID-19 that has enveloped the entire nation, according to a press release recently distributed by show management. Registrations for the show totaled over 130,000; at the conclusion of the show, cancellations from international attendees totaled less than 1 percent, management stated. Key metrics included the following:
- U.S. buyer attendance increased 8 percent from the 2017 show, and total buyer attendance improved by almost 5 percent.
- Overall contractor and producer attendance grew by 14 percent.
- 6-in-7 attendees serve in a decision-making role.
- Total registered attendance reached over 130,000 for the week.
- Attendees purchased a record-breaking 75,622 tickets for education sessions at the show, a 46-percent increase from the 2017 show.