OSHA Announces Top 10 Violations for 2019
Yesterday, NRMCA Safety, Environment and Operations (SEO) Department staff was on hand for the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA) announcement of the Top 10 Violations for 2019 across both construction and general industry. The rollout of the latest data took place at the National Safety Council (NSC) Congress & Expo in San Diego. OSHA annually releases the new information at the NSC event. This year’s OSHA’s Top 10 include:
1. Fall Protection – General Requirements (Construction: 29 CFR 1926.501)
2. Hazard Communication (General Industry: 29 CFR 1910.1200)
3. Scaffolds – General Requirements (Construction: 29 CFR 1926.451)
4. Lockout/Tagout (General Industry: 29 CFR 1910.147)
5. Respiratory Protection (General Industry: 29 CFR 1910.134)
6. Ladders (Construction: 29 CFR 1926.1053)
7. Powered Industrial Trucks (General Industry: 29 CFR 1910.178)
8. Fall Protection – Training Requirements (Construction: 29 CFR 1926.503)
9. Machine Guarding (General Industry: 29 CFR 1910.212)
10. Personal Protective and Lifesaving Equipment – Eye and Face Protection (Construction: 29 CFR 1926.102)
This year’s list features a slight change from last year’s which saw Lockout/Tagout and Respiratory Protection reversed. When released publicly in November, OSHA’s Top 10 list and more information will include final numbers of citations issued along with industry specific data, which will be found here.
For more information, contact Kevin Walgenbach at email@example.com.