National Concrete Consortium Newsletter for March 2019 Is Now Available Online
The NCC E-News is issued by the National Concrete Pavement Technology Center. The following are covered in more details with links to research and other reports:
• The March 2019 MAP Brief, “Fiber-Reinforced Concrete (FRC) for Pavement Overlays,” summarizes the value of using FRC for concrete overlays and provides methods for determining the appropriate fiber reinforcement performance values to be specified for a project.
• The CP Tech Center recently published Technology Transfer of Concrete Pavement Technologies, which summarizes the accomplishments of the Cooperative Agreement between the FHWA and the CP Tech Center over the last five years.
• NCHRP Synthesis 524 documents transportation agency requirements for the quality of aggregates for various pavement types.
• A tech brief written by the FWHA with support from the Illinois Tollway describes a recently implemented method for rapid overnight full-depth repairs of continuously reinforced concrete (CRC) pavements using precast concrete panels.
• A study by the University of Minnesota - Duluth characterized the post-crack flexural and joint performance of fiber-reinforced concrete (FRC) to develop a specification for the selection of structural fibers for concrete overlays and/or pavements.
• A study by the Louisiana Transportation Research Center evaluated JPCP performance in relation to dowel bar alignment utilizing the new MIT-SCAN2-BT technology.
• A project from the University of Nevada - Reno developed a bridge deck maintenance guide that focuses on weather conditions that are common in the desert southwest.
Click here to access the newsletter.