NRMCA Member Earns 2018 Energy Star Award
NRMCA Member CalPortland has been awarded the 2018 ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year Sustained Excellence Award for its continued contributions to ENERGY STAR. The company will be recognized by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy at a ceremony in Washington, DC, later this month. This is the 14th consecutive year CalPortland has received the award.
The company was recognized for accomplishments achieved or continued in 2017, including:
• Promoting energy management across the U.S. cement industry through the CEO Allen Hamblen's leadership and offer of the company’s assistance to others in the industry.
• Earning EPA’s ENERGY STAR plant certification for two cement plants where one was recently purchased and required extensive upgrades and energy improvements to qualify in less than two years.
• Expanding energy management into its fleet of ready mix concrete trucks by 118 units that run on compressed natural gas (CNG). The new trucks replaced a diesel fleet and will reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 7,435 tons per year.
• Continuing to invest in operations through new plant hardware such as a high efficiency separator for a mill, efficient new equipment to improve raw feed processing, and computational fluid dynamic software to better manage process air and material flows.
• Outreaching extensively to inform employees, over 106,000 community members and schools, competitors and others on how they can manage energy and use ENERGY STAR to save.
The 2018 Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence Awards are bestowed upon companies and other organizations demonstrating continued leadership in energy efficiency and commitment to the ENERGY STAR program. Winners are from small, family-owned businesses to Fortune 500 organizations, representing energy-efficient products, services, new homes and buildings in the commercial, industrial and public sectors.
CalPortland Company is based in Glendora, CA, and is a producer of cement, ready mixed concrete, aggregates, concrete products and asphalt in the western United States and Canada.
For more information on how CalPortland became involved in the program, contact William Larson at 626-852-6200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.