NRMCA, ASCC Joint Paving Committee Finalizes Tool Box Contents
The NRMCA/ASCC (American Society of Concrete Contractors) Joint Paving Committee met last week in Las Vegas and finalized their promotional/technical tool box items, reports NRMCA Senior Vice President, Local Paving, and Paving Division liaison to ASCC Jon Hansen. Included are:
• A concise preconstruction check list tailored for new parking lot construction;
• A short PowerPoint template titled Advantages of Concrete Parking Lots that can be customized for the local presenter, client, and market region;
• An updated ACI Quick Reference Sheet;
• The Guide to Concrete Overlays of Asphalt Parking Lots-PDF Download;
• FAQ About Concrete Parking Lot Construction and Design; and
• Two lighting publications: Understanding Lighting and How LED are Changing the Game and a case study focusing on the Leavenworth, KS, Walmart, the first large concrete parking lot built in 2009 that used LED lighting.
The tool box items were developed to help all stake holders, working together, to promote and sell concrete parking lot projects, Hansen said. The tools were designed to be universal, appropriate in markets that might already have concrete parking lots and in those markets where concrete is not widely used. The tool box is currently available in the members-only section of the ASCC Web site and will soon be available in the paving area of the NRMCA Web site.
The next step in the NRMCA/ASCC Joint Paving Committee agenda is to incorporate the NRMCA Design Assistance Program (DAP) for specific project leads that will come from using the tool box items listed above. NRMCA producer members are encouraged to reach out to those ASCC contractor members interested in parking lot paving projects.