National Concrete Consortium Newsletter for December 2017 Now Available Online
The NCC E-News is issued by the National Concrete Pavement Technology Center. The following are covered in more details with links to research reports:
• The December 2017 MAP Brief, Performance Assessment of Nonwoven Geotextile Materials Used as Separation Layer for Unbonded Concrete Overlay of Existing Concrete Pavement Applications in the U.S., provides an overview of the national performance experience of nonwoven geotextile separation layers as an alternative to hot-mix asphalt separation layers in unbonded concrete overlay applications.
• Research at the Georgia Institute of Technology compared the use of Type IL limestone-blended cement to conventional Type I/II portland cement.
• The National CP Tech Center completed a new guide specification for internally curing (IC) concrete.
• The Missouri DOT performed a series of case studies to evaluate six concrete pavement restoration (CPR) methods.
• The Minnesota Department of Transportation has developed a step-by-step selection procedure for evaluating whether an existing HMA pavement is a candidate for a bonded concrete overlay of asphalt (BCOA), also known as whitetopping.
Click here to access the newsletter.