Last Week to Submit Nominations for NRMCA Board of Directors
NRMCA is looking for good men and women to serve on the Association's Board of Directors. While serving on the Board requires both commitment and energy, it is a rewarding opportunity to give back to the industry. NRMCA represents a broad range of ready mixed concrete companies across the United States and its success is a direct result of the skills and expertise of the professional staff working in conjunction with Board members. Nominees must be committed to promoting NRMCA programs and working in the best interest of its membership and the industry at large. The Board provides strategic direction, fiduciary oversight and governance of the organization’s operations.
Nominees are vetted by the Nominating Committee which consists of the current chairman, the immediate past chairman and past chairmen of the Board for the previous seven years who are still in active in the industry. The selected slate of nominees is then presented to and elected by the general membership and will begin serving three-year terms immediately following the 2018 annual convention. Nominees should have the following attributes:
- Current NRMCA producer member in good standing;
- Hold key decision making responsibility within his or her company;
- Inherent leadership, management and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to participate in and sustain collaborative group efforts;
- Commitment to attend and participate in two Board meetings each year and fulfill the duties and responsibilities as referenced in the Board Job Description;
- Serve on NRMCA committee(s) of his or her choice;
- Annually support the association's Political Action Committee (CONCRETEPAC) and the RMC Research & Education Foundation;
- Attend and participate in promotion programs in his or her region; and
- Actively recruit new members and help to retain existing members.
Any NRMCA member can submit a nomination and individuals are also free to nominate themselves. Click here for a list of current NRMCA Board members along with the year that his or her term expires. Please note that members who have served three-year terms and are going off the Board in 2018 are not eligible for re-election until 2019. The exception to this is Board Members who are filling an unexpired vacant seat. Those individuals are marked with an asterisk. Help build NRMCA’s future by nominating a strong industry leader today! Nominations are due by Friday, July 14.
For more information, contact Heather Houck at email@example.com.