NRMCA e-news
Facebook Twitter YouTube LinkedIn

Parking Lot Market Share Survey for Salt Lake City is Almost Complete; Green Bay, WI, Next Up

Print this Article | Send to Colleague

As reported last July, Ash Grove Cement Sustainable Products and Promotion Manager Matt Wood, working with NRMCA Senior Vice President, Local Paving, Jon Hansen are conducting a parking lot market share survey from 2010 through 2015. Utilizing online public records of building permits and Google Earth Pro, Hansen worked with Wood and Ash Grove people in Salt Lake City to define the geographical survey region of commercial building permits that included new parking lot construction as part of their project.

"The survey is 95% complete, with the remaining 5% data to be collected when Google Earth sky is up to date, or in making drive-by site visits using range finder measuring," reports Hansen. "The total concrete market share in Salt Lake City is better than the national average and yet the survey data gathering uncovered targeted potential markets for concrete parking lot paving growth."

This past week, another survey was started in the Green Bay, WI, market spearheaded by the marketing manager of a concrete contractor who hosted a Parking Lot Boot Camp last year. "We want to learn about our market, and we think the parking lot market share survey is the best way to understand where we are and where we need to go in our pursuit of expanding the market," Hansen was told as by the manager as they started work on the Green Bay survey.

To get more information on the results of the Salt Lake City survey, contract Matt Wood at Ash Grove Cement, To survey a city in your market, contact Jon Hansen at

Back to NRMCA e-news

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on LinkedIn