Submit Public Comments for Group B I-Codes
The Report of the Committee Action Hearings for the 2016 Group B International Code Council (ICC) hearings in Louisville, KY, is now available for download. In addition to the details of the committee actions for each code change proposal, the report includes the results of the Online Assembly Motion Vote on 72 floor motions offered at the hearings. NRMCA and the Alliance for Concrete Codes and Standards urge our members to vote. If you are a member of the ICC, please contact your local building code and fire officials to begin a dialogue on key code issues affecting community life safety.
You can vote online on key model code proposals such as:
• F169 IFC 903.3.1.2 Changes measuring height for 13R sprinklers in Group R
• RB084 IRC 309.1 Permits asphalt floor surfaces in garages and carports
• F037 IFC 503.7 Requires two (2) access roads for type III, IV and V
• F329 IFC 3304.5.1- (New) Requires fire watch for combustible construction over 40 ft
• F333 IFC 3310.1 - Requires increased fire dept. access for combustible construction
• F336 IFC 3314.2 (New) - Requires sprinklers active during construction
The public comment period for the Group B International Codes is open through cdpACCESS. Instructions for submitting public comments are available here. The public comment period closes at 11:59 p.m. Pacific time on July 22. Group B proposals accepted will be considered in the Pubic Action Hearings in the fall.
While these changes are important in the model codes, they become critical to our industry when adopted and/or amended at the state and local levels. NRMCA has resources to help members and state affiliates advocate for resilient and safe construction in building codes, including developing legislation, talking points, public relations and other key strategies.