NRMCA Seeks Nominations for 2017 Board of Directors
NRMCA is looking for good men and women to serve on its Board of Directors. While serving on the Board requires both commitment and energy, it is a rewarding opportunity to give back to the industry. NRMCA represents a broad range of ready mixed concrete companies across the United States and our success is a direct result of the skills and expertise of our professional staff working in conjunction with Board members. Director nominees must be committed to promoting NRMCA programs and working in the best interest of its membership and the industry at large. The Board provides strategic direction, fiduciary oversight and governance of the organization’s operations.
Nominees are vetted by the Nominating Committee, which consists of the current chairman of the Board, the immediate past chairman of the Board, and past chairmen of the Board for the previous seven years who are still in an active capacity in the industry. The selected slate of nominees is then presented to and elected by the general membership and will serve three-year terms immediately following the annual NRMCA Convention in Las Vegas in March 2017.
NRMCA is seeking Board members with the following attributes:
• Employed by a current NRMCA Producer member in good standing
• Demonstrates key decision making skills within his or her company
• Inherent leadership, management and interpersonal skills
• Ability to participate in and sustain collaborative group efforts
• Commitment to attend and participate in two Board meetings each year and fulfill all of the duties and responsibilities as referenced in the Board job description
• Serve on NRMCA committees of his or her choice
• Attend and participate in promotion programs in their region
• Contribute and support annually the association's Political Action Committee (CONCRETEPAC) and the RMC Research & Education Foundation
• Recruit new members and help to retain existing members
Any NRMCA member can submit a nomination; individuals are also free to nominate themselves. Click here for a list of the current NRMCA Board members along with the year that their terms expire (please note that members who have served a three-year term and are going off the Board in 2017 are not eligible for re-election until 2018. The exception to this are Board members who are filling an unexpired vacant seat. Those individuals are highlighted).