As 2017 comes to a close, I would like to wish our members, partners and industry professionals a wonderful and prosperous New Year.
The NPMA staff is working hard to plan an outstanding line-up of conferences in 2018 that are geared towards enhancing your business and personal career goals.
Here is a snapshot of our upcoming events, we hope to see you often in 2018!
Dominique Stumpf, CMP, CAE
NPMA Chief Executive Officer
NPMA Office Closure
The NPMA office will be closed for the New Year holiday on Friday, December 29 and will reopen on Tuesday, January 2 at noon.
With December nearly in the bag, now is the perfect moment to look back on some of the most exciting membership initiatives and benefits that were rolled out this year. Here are the top five benefits for 2017 that you may have missed:
- NPMA’s Health Insurance Exchange – Focused on providing small and mid-sized employers with benefit options previously only made available to larger employers, the NPMA Health Insurance Exchange offers cost effective benefit solutions that make sense in today’s unpredictable marketplace.
- Online Resource Center – Our newly launched Resource Center provides a vast array of up-to-the-minute technical and business management resources specifically developed for the pest management industry and designed to help your company succeed. We’ve curated our online resources and created an easy-to-navigate section within our website to help you easily find the information you need. Start exploring now: https://npmapestworld.org/resourcecenter.
- Membership Toolkit for Small Business Growth – Launching or growing a successful business can be an exhilarating and rewarding venture. Whether you’re a freshly minted entrepreneur or an established mid-size company with $1 million in revenue, we provide resources for every stage of your business development, including: The Entrepreneur’s Survival Kit, The Hiring Kit and The Growth Kit. Click here to learn more.
- New-Hire Training for Service Technicians – Service technicians play a vital role in the success of any pest management firm. To make sure your new techs are prepared for the job, NPMA has created a New Hire Training Program for Service Technicians. The nine-part course is designed to prepare new structural pest control technicians for a career in pest management.
- PPMA Mainframe – Does your company need a marketing boost that doesn’t break the budget? Consider using Mainframe, an online digital agency powered by the Professional Pest Management Alliance (PPMA). This exclusive subscription service enables companies to access comprehensive marketing materials to jumpstart or supplement existing marketing, public relations, social media and advertising efforts.
Our team is committed to providing you with member benefits and resources that will help your company succeed. We look forward to helping you take advantage of these and new resources in 2018.
As a membership benefit, NPMA has developed a gallery of
pest images at My.NPMAPestWorld.org for use by NPMA members.
Aborta-Bug Pest Control of San Dimas, CA
East Coast Pest Control of Raleigh, NC
Expert Pest Control of Burlington, NJ
Mite Busters of Untion City, NJ
Responsible Pest Control, Inc. of Mesa, AZ
January 18-19 | Mashantucket, CT
Registration rates will increase after Dec. 26.
VIEW THE PROGRAM
We invite you to join us for the 2018 Eastern Conference at the Foxwoods Resort Casino in Mashantucket, Connecticut. The conference will feature a mix of in-depth management sessions, interactive training, and technical courses featuring the latest research in the pest management industry.
Register by January 5 to SAVE $50
Join us January 30 - February 1 in New Orleans for the largest tradeshow dedicated to wildlife and nuisance bird management! The 2018 Wildlife Expo, hosted by NPMA and the National Wildlife Control Operators Association (NWCOA), also provides professional training and certification for those involved in wildlife management. Click here for more details and registration.
Atlanta-based Arrow Exterminators recently concluded the #ArrowCares social media campaign with a donation of $5000 to the Folds of Honor Foundation. The fundraising campaign ran during November in conjunction with national Veterans and Military Families’ Month and encouraged team members and customers to honor our Veterans and raise awareness for a worthy organization.
Some mechanics theorize that rats are targeting newer hybrid model cars due to the soy-based insulation on the wires.
Does the cold of winter cull the creepy crawly population? Unfortunately that time is a myth.
Research on a local problem with the fall armyworm has lead to a key to feeding hundreds of millions of Africans.
Ticks sucked the blood of feathered dinosaurs some 99 million years ago, a new study suggests.
MAP Vital Factors Solutions
As 2018 approaches, it’s time to review your professional development plan. Here are three steps to enhancing to this planning activity.
How can you become a skillful advisor? It’s more about listening than talking.
Everyone makes mistakes – here are some common mistakes made in communicating with others, and how to avoid them.
Making inclusion a cornerstone of company culture assures you that every good idea is voiced and heard.
Successful entrepreneurs and leaders have had to survive massive learning curves on the road to success – here’s what they’ve learned.
If your ego doesn't get in the way, any one of these 10 phrases is a great way to build trust at work.
Entomologists from Penn State have developed a revolutionary bed bug prevention concoction.
DC is addressing a growing rodent problem by using dry ice as the District’s newest weapon in the city’s war on rats.