December Roundtable Recap
Vacation & Sick Time Policy
As an employer, you consider many things when seeking the right employee. Those considerations can include a person’s skills, employment history, and education. Similar to an employer’s search, job-seekers are looking for the right employer. Beyond the level of compensation, job-seekers want great benefits such as health and dental insurance, and, of course, vacation/sick time.
If your company offers vacation time, sick time or paid time off (PTO), here are a few things to consider:
- Does your company have a vacation time, sick time or PTO policy?
- Are your current employees aware of and do they understand the vacation policy? (It’s ok to veer from the policy on a case-by-case basis.)
- Review your policies annually and make adjustments as needed.
- Make sure employees are aware of any changes. Request employee signatures stating the acknowledgment of the changes.
- Remind employees that sufficient notice when requesting time off is beneficial for them and the company.
Unable to join the Roundtable discussion? Now you can now listen to previous discussions by visiting www.nomma.org/roundtable.