Brasfield & Gorrie Completes New Children’s of Alabama Office Building
The James C. Lee III Building at Children’s of Alabama has opened for more than 200 employees working in non-clinical support services, many of whom have been located off Children’s main campus since construction began on the Benjamin Russell Hospital for Children building in 2008.
The six-story, 115,000-square-foot office building, located at 1620 Fourth Ave. S. in Birmingham’s Parkside District, is named for long-time Children’s Board Trustee and supporter James C. “Jimmy” Lee III.
The Lee Building is connected via a pedestrian bridge to Children’s existing Park Place building and serves as a connector to all of Children’s Russell Campus facilities. Brasfield & Gorrie, a member of multiple AGC chapters, has served as construction manager and Williams Blackstock Architects as architect for the project.
The parking deck connected to the Lee Building opened to hospital employees on July 29. The deck includes 1,354 spaces and has greatly improved parking available for patients, their families and visitors in Children’s existing 5th Avenue and 7th Avenue parking decks.
Learn more in a press release from Children’s of Alabama.