MPI AGM, Oct. 3 Five Star Volunteers and Member Anniversaries!
Before the AGM was called to order, there was recognition of the volunteers and the announcement of the 5 Star Award recipients.
These volunteers have the following in common:
- Commitment and Dedication
- Team Player
- Time Availability and Attendance
The 2021-2022 5 Star Award Recipients are:
- Nelya Abramovich, Awards Gala Committee
- Pat Cluett, Communications Committee
- Anthony Moreino, Global Meetings Industry Day Committee
- Chris Dingley, Holiday Gala Committee
- Angela Poletto, Just Networking Committee
- Les Selby, CMP, CMM, Leadership Selection Committee
- Nathalie Fauteux, Marketing Committee
- Nathan Lee, Membership Committee
- Joanna Blachut, CTSM, Professional Development Committee
- Dave Crainford, Strategic Partnerships Committee
- Zeny Red, CMP, DES, the EVENT Committee
From this outstanding group of volunteers, the Board of Directors selected one 5 Star Award recipient for the 5 Star Education Award in recognition of this individual who demonstrated exceptional volunteerism to their MPI Toronto community.
The 5 Star Education Award recipient is Nathan Lee.
Long-standing members were also celebrated for their membership for 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, or 35 years of membership.
5 Year Members
- Julie Tedesco, CMM
- Jason Toner
- Jennifer Pitt, CMP
- Ryan Peddigrew
- Norella Rubin, CMP, VEMM
- Leanne McCartney
- Elizabeth Clifford, CMP
- Melissa Klander, CMP
- Julie McMartin, CED
- Aracelly Delgadillo
- Susan Morris, CMP
- Deanna Miller
- Jennifer Kaltianinen, CMP, CED
- Erica Orecchio, DES
- Shannon Newman
10 Year Members
- Tyler Chapman
- Jean-Simon Roberge
- Loren Maisels, CMP
- Helena Gomes
- Dan Hamilton
- Claire Kurek, CMP
- Kevin Parker
- Mary Ann Quait
15 Year Members
- Shari Bricks, CMP, DES
- Scott Beck
- Judy Healy
- Tim Whalen, CMP
20 Year Members
- Liz Akey, CMP
- Kelly MacDonald
- Mariela McIlwraith, CMP, CMM
- Oscar Nobre, CMP
- Monika Radicevic, CMP
30 Year Members
- Charmaine Singh
- Rita Plaskett, CMP, CMM
35 Year Member
- Hardy Sohl
Thank you for your commitment to the chapter and Happy Anniversary!
The AGM was then called to order with reports on the 2021-22 Financial Statement. Tammy Bradley, VP Finance, reported on the revenue and expenses, noting that the budget deficit ended up at about half of what had been projected. The goal this year is to look at ways to increase the revenue and keep expenses in check.
MPI Global had presented a revised set of chapter bylaws in the late spring of 2022. The bylaws were reviewed by the board and approved by the membership at the AGM.
Christina Northcott, Immediate Past President, reported on the activities of the 2021-22 fiscal year.
The Board of Directors kicked off the year by developing a new 3-year strategic plan that set the direction that we as a chapter would focus and includes:
- Provide thought leadership while delivering professional and personal opportunities to connect and engage our community;
- Raise the profile of meeting professionals and highlight the value of the industry through innovative and educational experiences; and
- A community grounded in the principles of DE&I.
Christina outlined the initiatives that are dear to her heart and a benefit to our community. If you would like a full list of the achievements, please request the list from email@example.com.
Following Christina, Wentworth Willock, President, announced the 2022-23 Committee Chairs, Board of Directors, and Leadership Selection Committee.
He put out a call for volunteers followed by an expression of gratitude to Margaret Binns and Christina Northcott who both led the chapter through unprecedented times. Despite the obstacles, the pandemic, the economy, and the mental impact on our membership, they positioned our chapter well for the future.
Wentworth then talked about the insights he has gained and followed up with outlining his mission for the balance of the 2022-23 fiscal year. They are:
- Growth of our membership – to regrow membership numbers back towards pre-pandemic numbers
- Growth of our financial reserves – we burned through a large portion of our financial reserves in the last 30 months. As such, we need to find ways to build back those reserves. Our four largest grossing events are the Fundraising Gala, The Awards Gala, The EVENT, and the golf tournament.
- Growth of our members both as volunteers and in their careers
Wentworth thanked our AGM partners and then the meeting was adjourned.
Thank you to the following partners for their support of the MPI Toronto Chapter.