Print this Article | Send to Colleague
The MPI Toronto Education Conference (TEC) was held at the beautiful JW Marriott The Rosseau in Muskoka, and we want to take a moment to thank everyone who helped this amazing event come together! The conference could not have happened without the support of our sponsors:
- JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa generously sponsored many aspects of the conference including the morning exercise sessions on both days followed by breakfast. The Executive Chef, Shaun Crymbie, did an excellent job of providing healthy, creative meals. Monday evening’s dinner was a surprise set-up for everyone, and it was a great way to showcase what Muskoka is all about. Thanks to Laura Hanson, Event Manager and Avery Kober, Event Operations, for having the vision and offering it to TEC.
- EventMobi provided the app that allowed attendees to view the schedule at their fingertips, play the networking game, and see a list of attendees.
- Speakers’ Spotlight sponsored Bruce Kirkby, our opening speaker, award-winning explorer, writer and photographer, who gave an inspiring opening session and was then followed by Dan Berger from Social Tables, sponsored by Tourism London. Both speakers provided a great start to the conference program.
- PSAV sponsored the AV, and with their talented technicians they did an incredible job.
- Sunday night was the games night supporting the MPI Foundation’s Chairman’s Challenge. Thanks to White Oaks Resort & Spa and their team for facilitating this and providing some of the games. Those who attended got right into the action and the competition was fierce!
- Stewart Hall from Rock the Stars had us "rocking" on Monday morning with Battle of the Bands, and he did a great job as the facilitator for the conference.
- Monday night was the Fireside Chat and Campfire with S’mores sponsored by Ottawa Tourism and the Shaw Centre, our Marquee Sponsors. The Muskoka Room was full for the Fireside Chat and the campfire kept us warm and brought that Muskoka feel to the evening.
- To close the conference on Tuesday, National Speakers Bureau brought us Tony Chapman, speaker, moderator, facilitator, TV and radio personality, and author. A great close to the TEC, inspiring attendees to "start storytelling."
- Thank you to Peller Estates Winery for being the exclusive speaker gift sponsor.
- D.E. Systems was our on-line registration partner and The Image Commission provided the photographer. Check out the MPI Toronto website for photos from TEC! Ignite Magazine is our Media Partner so look for photos in their next issue.
- We also want to thank our additional exhibitors: Destination St John’s, Habitat for Humanity Ontario Gateway North, Niagara Parks Commission, Silver Hotel Group, and Vintage Hotels.
As you know, TEC could not happen without a great committee behind it, so a huge thank you to Chair, Tami Adams; Speaker Liaison, Kiran Balladin; Marketing & Communications, Caitlin Burgess, CMP; Vendor Liaisons, Janet Green and Peter Jones; Event App Liaison, Jeff Leggett; Charity & Sponsors, Lyne Montpetit, CMP; Sponsor Lead, Erin Reid; Venue Contact, Mary Sistilli; Speaker Liaison, Correen Smith; Director, Mariella Irivarren, CMP; and Vice-President, Nikki Sayers, CMP.
Instead of "see you next year," we will say "see you at the EVENT, April 12-14, 2018 in Ottawa!"
Back to Meeting Lite eNewsletter