MCA Canada and the Canadian Institute of Plumbing & Heating (CIPH) held another highly successful Parliamentary Day of Awareness on April 11. The event was sponsored by Senator Donald Plett. Key executives of both associations met with numerous senior officials and Parliamentarians to enhance the profile of the industry and discuss two items of mutual concern: the need for prompt payment legislation and uniform and harmonized model codes and regulations for Canada and the United States. Check out our photo gallery.
This year’s Annual CEC Fundraising Golf Tournament has moved to an exciting new venue, the Royal Ontario Golf Club in Milton, ON. The Royal Ontario is a prestigious course that everyone will enjoy. The tournament will take place Wednesday, July 12. Enjoy an amazing golf course, a great BBQ lunch, on-course games, a prime rib dinner, prizes, trophies and much more. Registration is now open and there are plenty of exceptional sponsorship opportunities still available. Learn more on our website or by contacting email@example.com.
Do you have an employee who has a son or daughter currently studying to be in the mechanical contracting industry? Are you a member of an MCA student chapter? If so, we’ve got good news: CEC and Federated Insurance can help offset the financial burden. We are accepting applications for our annual scholarship until June 30. This is the 12th year that Federated Insurance has generously sponsored the scholarship. For further information please contact Tania Johnston at 613-232-5169 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
One of the big news items coming out of the most recent meeting of the MCA Canada board of directors: our members saved a combined $750,000 in 2016 simply by using the association’s Membership Advantage Programs. Dave Flamand, partner at Peak Mechanical Partnership in Saskatoon, SK said, “The AON insurance program alone should save you more than your membership dues, while providing more extensive coverage at a reduced cost. You won’t believe it until you try it!” Learn more today.
The CCA Indigenous Engagement Best Practices Guide, published in October, was originally available on the ‘Member Login’ section of the CCA website. You can now download it from the ‘General Publications’ section without logging in. The purpose of this guide is to provide the construction industry, especially the small and medium-sized firms, with a proactive best practices approach to Indigenous engagement.
This amendment would introduce or update energy efficiency standards and, where applicable, test methods and associated reporting and compliance requirements for 17 product categories.
Submit your seminar topic to be considered for The Buildings Show 2017 program. Scheduled for November 29–30, The Buildings Show is North America’s largest annual exposition, networking and educational event focusing on design, construction and real estate. Share your expertise with a captivated audience of influential buyers and decision makers. Be part of more than 350 seminars and live demonstrations. Complete your application before May 1.
Check out the following programs offered by the CEC and our local MCAs in the months ahead!
A program packed with distinguished speakers, focusing on disruptive issues. Presenters will help us see how construction can realize its full potential.
Tiny sensors are knitted right into the gloves and aren't even visible. The gloves can be washed and worn without any damage to the technology they embody.
The accompanying table records the 10 largest construction project starts in Canada in March 2017. Also included is the latest trend graph on starts.
- April 26: MCA Manitoba AGM, Winnipeg, MB
- April 26-27: MCEE Tradeshow, Montréal, QC
- May 5-7: MCA British Columbia/Alberta Conference, Victoria, BC
- May 11-19: MCA of Ontario AGM, Edinburgh, Scotland
- May 25: CANS Golf Tournament, Halifax, NS
- May 26-28: CCA Meetings, St. John’s, NL
- May 31-June 3: Skills Canada National Competition, Winnipeg MB
- June 6: MCA Canada Western Regional Meetings, Saskatoon, SK
- June 15: MCA Sask/Ron Young Memorial Golf, Moon Lake Golf and Country Club, SK
- June 22: MCA Sask/ASHRAE Golf Tournament, Deer Valley Golf Club, SK
- June 23: MCA Eastern Regional Meeting, St. John’s, NL
- June 25-27: CIPH Annual Business Conference, Ottawa, ON
- July 12: CEC Golf Tournament, Royal Ontario Golf Club, Milton, ON
- July 13: CANS Developing Executives Meet and Greet, Halifax, NS
- September 21: CIPHEX Roadshow, St. John’s, NL
- September 29: CANS 155th AGM, St. Andrew's By-The-Sea, NB
- September 29-October 1: MCA Toronto AGM, Collingwood, ON
- October 2-4: CCA Meetings, Niagara Falls, ON
- October 15-18: MSCA Educational Conference, Boca Raton, Florida
- October 17: CIPHEX Roadshow, Edmonton, AB
- October 19: CIPHEX Roadshow, Regina, SK
- November 6-9: MCA Canada’s 76th National Conference, Maui, Hawaii
We still need your help! Operation Eyesight has prevented more than 35 million people from facing the needless tragedy of preventable blindness. Their work is focused in places where blindness can be deadly, especially to those who are very young, old or poor. MCA Canada's members, offices and staff have made significant contributions to help in this worthwhile cause but we still have a long way to go.