How do you differentiate your company from virtually every other firm that promises the same thing: the best workmanship, customer service and value? Become an MSCC Certified Contractor! It’s only available to MSCC members, it’s recognized by the Building Owners and Managers Association across Canada, and it clearly demonstrates a level of professionalism that your competitors just don’t have. By now you should have received your pre-populated application form. All you have to do is pull together your information, and have your techs test the exam. We’ve made the process even easier by providing sample documents on the website to help with your application. If you have questions, or need an updated application, please contact Daryl Sharkey at email@example.com or 613-232-0492. Set yourself apart from the competition.
The Canadian Construction Association (CCA) sees the federal government’s budget 2017 announcement as a reiteration of previous commitments made to the renewal of Canada infrastructure. Included in this year’s budget were some positive proposed changes to enhance the Temporary Foreign Worker program, as well as changes to Canada’s building codes to improve energy efficiency and reduce building emissions by promoting retrofits and net-zero construction.
The Canadian Energy Efficiency Alliance (CEEA) welcomes the federal government's budget 2017. It further confirms this government's support for a clean energy future. It will allow Canada to strive to meet its climate change goals for 2030 while at the same time creating the skilled workforce that will be required.
It's no secret U.S. President Donald Trump's Buy America plan could be costly for Canada's construction industry, but how various levels of government react closer to home may also be cause for concern.
As lean principles continue to gain traction across the country, the Lean Construction Institute of Canada (LCI-C) is rolling out a framework for a new certification program as a way to encourage education and showcase industry expertise.
845: Paris is sacked by Vikings led by famous Ragnar Lodbrok
1797: Nathaniel Briggs patented a washing machine
1854: Britain & France declare war in Russia (Crimean War)
1885: The Salvation Army was officially organized
1915: The first American citizen is killed in what would become World War One
1946: US State Department releases Acheson-Lilienthal Report outlining a plan for international control of nuclear power
1974: A streaker runs onto the set of The Tonight Show
1979: Nuclear accident at 3 Mile Island
MCA Canada members and their guests will once again tee off for a good cause at this year's Construction Education Council fundraising golf tournament. Book July 12 in your calendar and plan to attend at a new venue: the Royal Ontario Golf Club in Milton, ON. This annual event is a fun and important fundraiser for the CEC. Watch for registration and sponsorship information soon!
Organizers of Mécanex/Climatex/Expolectriq/Éclairage (MCEE) 2017 are expecting over 7,000 visitors and more than 420 exhibiting companies to be in attendance at Place Bonaventure in Montreal.
Registration is now open for the Lean Construction Institute of Canada (LCI-C) annual conference and training day, being held at the Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel May 3–5.
Hosted by the Saskatoon Construction Association, a panel of speakers will share their experience, insights and first-hand knowledge of the design-build model at a one-day event on June 8.
- April 9-10: MCA Canada Mid-year Meetings, Ottawa, ON
- April 11: MCAC and CIPH Day on Parliament Hill, Ottawa, ON
- April 20: MCA Hamilton AGM & Trade Show, Hamilton, ON
- April 20: MCA Alberta AGM, Edmonton, AB
- April 21: CANS De-Icer, Halifax, NS
- April 26: MCA Manitoba AGM, Winnipeg, MB
- April 26-27: MCEE Tradeshow, Montréal, QC
- May 5-7: MCA British Columbia/Alberta Conference, Victoria, BC
- May 11-19: MCA of Ontario AGM, Edinburgh, Scotland
- May 25: CANS Golf Tournament, Halifax, NS
- May 26-28: CCA Meetings, St. John’s, NL
- June 6: MCA Canada Western Regional Meetings, Saskatoon, SK
- June 15: MCA Sask/Ron Young Memorial Golf, Moon Lake Golf and Country Club, SK
- June 22: MCA Sask/ASHRAE Golf Tournament, Deer Valley Golf Club, SK
- June 23: MCA Eastern Regional Meeting, St. John’s, NL
- June 25-27: CIPH Annual Business Conference, Ottawa, ON
- July 12: CEC Golf Tournament, Location TBA
- July 13: CANS Developing Executives Meet and Greet, Halifax, NS
- September 21: CIPHEX Roadshow, St. John’s, NL
- September 29: CANS 155th AGM, St. Andrew's By-The-Sea, NB
- September 29-October 1: MCA Toronto AGM, Collingwood, ON
- October 2-4: CCA Meetings, Niagara Falls, ON
- October 15-18: MSCA Educational Conference, Boca Raton, Florida
- October 17: CIPHEX Roadshow, Edmonton, AB
- October 19: CIPHEX Roadshow, Regina, SK
- November 6-9: MCA Canada’s 76th National Conference, Maui, Hawaii
We still need your help! Operation Eyesight has prevented more than 35 million people from facing the needless tragedy of preventable blindness. Their work is focused in places where blindness can be deadly, especially to those who are very young, old or poor. MCA Canada's members, offices and staff have made significant contributions to help in this worthwhile cause but we still have a long way to go.