We need your help to push your Member of Parliament to support this initiative!
By following the easy steps at this website, you can have your voice heard.
English - http://www.pushpolitics.ca/clients/ntcccparl
French - http://www.pushpolitics.ca/clients/ntcccparl/index-fr.html
Please share these links with your staff, suppliers, friends and family!
Our last campaign was focused on Senators and was highly effective. We now need to focus on the elected officials, Members of Parliament, to let them know that passing prompt payment legislation is the right thing to do!
Contact your MP today!
On Monday, February 13, 2017, MCA Canada met with the Assistant Deputy Minister and senior representatives from Public Services and Procurement Canada regarding the federal government's new "procurement modernization initiative." The purpose of the meeting was to share developments and provide feedback on ways to improve the government's buying processes and make it easier for companies to do business with the federal government. The procurement modernization integration team is looking for your input, as industry practitioners, on the procurement process. Specifically, they would like to know, from your perspective, how they can make the bidding process faster and easier. Please send your comments to email@example.com for submission to the integration team.
This article applies to all Ontario-based members of MCA Canada who are, by extension, also members of the Canadian Energy Efficiency Alliance (CEAA).
Wednesday, July 12, 2017 – Book it in your calendar today! That's the date for this year's annual 2017 CEC Golf Tournament. This year it will be held at a new location, the Royal Ontario Golf Club in Milton, ON. This is a fun and important fundraiser for the Education Council, so please add this event to your calendar. Registration and sponsorship will be available shortly.
World Plumbing Day is an international salute to the quality of life that modern plumbing brings to the world. It is an opportunity to celebrate those who are responsible for providing it and to bring attention to those areas of the world where lack of access to reliable plumbing is hindering economic and social development. In Canada efforts to recognize this event are led by the Mechanical Contractors Association of Canada as well as the Canadian Institute of Plumbing and Heating. The two organizations coordinate resources. To find out more on World Plumbing Day you can visit the MCA Canada website at www.mcac.ca.
As of February 1, MCA Canada has moved to our new office space. We didn't move very far, only one floor up to suite 701. Everything else remains the same. Here are our new coordinates: MCA Canada, 701–280 Albert St., Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5G8, Tel: 613-232-0492, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
, Website: www.mcac.ca
The Construction Education Council (CEC), in partnership with MCA Canada and the Canadian Institute of Plumbing and Heating (CIPH), is pleased to offer this all-new three-part webinar series on the "Industrialization of the Construction Industry." The construction industry is reaching an inflection point, beyond which things may never look or be the same again. Like many industries, the construction industry is under constant pressure to improve productivity and reduce cost and waste. In this presentation, Dr. Perry Daneshgari will explain the three forces leading to the construction industry's inflection point:
• Week 1 – March 28, 2017: Industrialization of Construction® – What's happening & how to get ready for it.
• Week 2 – April 4, 2017: Disruption of the Construction Industry – How will it happen & what should you do about it?
• Week 3 – April 11, 2017: Shift in the Construction Market – How to deal with the new realities.
* Time: 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM EST
* Cost: $129.00 per single webinar or $300.00 for all 3 webinars
Looking to upgrade your Project Coordinator to a Project Manager? CEC offers a Gold Seal Project Management program with a focus on several different competencies including but not limited to project administration, scheduling, safety (a management perspective), change orders, job cost controls, meetings and communication, labour relations, meetings and communication and project completion. The next course will run March 30 to April 3 and April 20-24, 2017. The cut-off date for registration is March 14th, 2017.
If you are interested in further information or to register for any of the following courses, please contact your local MCA office or you can contact the CEC office directly at 613-232-5169, email@example.com
The Construction Education Council will offer the 39th session of its Gold Seal accredited 10-day project-management program this spring. This course is always a sellout, so don’t delay. Registration is now open
. For further information, contact Tania Johnston at 613-232-5169 or firstname.lastname@example.org
. Dates of the next program are March 30–April 3 and April 20–24.
The advantages of BIM have been proven. To make BIM truly successful, a well-planned implementation is necessary. This conference will showcase concrete examples of realized BIM integration on actual projects. Presentations will highlight the key actions, procedures and issues that exist throughout all phases of a project.
- March 3: International Alliance of MCAs Meeting, San Diego, California
- March 4: CANS Developing Executives Curling Bonspiel, Halifax, NS
- March 5–9: MCA of America Convention, San Diego, California
- March 9: MCA Saskatchewan 72nd AGM, Saskatoon, SK
- March 10–11: MCA Saskatchewan 45th Bonspiel, Saskatoon, SK
- March 11: World Plumbing Day, worldwide
- March 19–23: CCA National Conference, Riviera Maya, Mexico
- March 24: National Stakeholders Red Seal, Ottawa, ON
- April 9–10: MCA Canada Mid-year Meetings, Ottawa, ON
- April 11: MCAC and CIPH Day on Parliament Hill, Ottawa, ON
- April 20: MCA Hamilton AGM & Trade Show, Hamilton ON
- April 21: CANS De-Icer, Halifax, NS
- April 26: MCA Manitoba AGM, Winnipeg, MB
- April 26–27: MCEE Tradeshow, Montréal, QC
- May: MCA Western Regional Meeting, TBA, SK
- May 5–7: MCA British Columbia/Alberta Conference, Victoria, BC
- May 11–19: MCA of Ontario AGM, Edinburgh, Scotland
- May 25: CANS Golf Tournament, Halifax, NS
- May 26–28: CCA Meetings, St. John’s, NL
- June 6: MCA Canada Western Regional Meetings, Saskatoon, SK
- June 15: MCA Sask/Ron Young Memorial Golf, Moon Lake Golf and Country Club, SK
- June 22: MCA Sask/ASHRAE Golf Tournament, Deer Valley Golf Club, SK
- June 23: MCA Eastern Regional Meeting, St. John’s, NL
- June 25–27: CIPH Annual Business Conference, Ottawa, ON
- July 12: CEC Golf Tournament, Location TBA
- July 13: CANS Developing Executives Meet and Greet, Halifax, NS
- September 21: CIPHEX Roadshow, St. John’s, NL
- September 29: CANS 155th AGM, St. Andrew's By-The-Sea, NB
- September 29–October 1: MCA Toronto AGM, Collingwood, ON
- October 15–18: MSCA Educational Conference, Boca Raton, Florida
- October 17: CIPHEX Roadshow, Edmonton, AB
- October 19: CIPHEX Roadshow, Regina, SK
- November 6–9: MCA Canada’s 76th National Conference, Maui, Hawaii
We still need your help! Operation Eyesight has prevented more than 35 million people from facing the needless tragedy of preventable blindness. Their work is focused in places where blindness can be deadly, especially to those who are very young, old or poor. MCA Canada's members, offices and staff have made significant contributions to help in this worthwhile cause but we still have a long way to go.