Thanks to a new partnership between MSCC and BOMA Canada, building owners and managers across the country are being encouraged to choose MSCC-certified contractors to service, repair and retrofit their buildings. If your company hasn't already earned its certification, act now—or risk losing out on lucrative business opportunities.
Three of four construction employers are concerned about the availability of skilled labour, reports the annual Hays Canada Salary Guide, released recently.
What are the main trends impacting development and construction in urban Canada? While some trends identified by experts are familiar, a few might come as a surprise.
CEC's ongoing partnership with BuildForce Canada means your education council can provide you with access to all the latest construction management and safety-training opportunities.
The Construction Education Council will offer the 39th session of its Gold Seal accredited 10-day project-management program this spring. This course is always a sellout, so don’t delay. Registration is now open
. For further information, contact Tania Johnston at 613-232-5169 or firstname.lastname@example.org
. Dates of the next program are March 30 to April 3 and April 20 to 24.
If you are interested in registering for any of the following courses, please contact your local MCA or CEC at 613-232-5169. More will be announced in Just the Fax next week.
January 18–19: Dispatcher – Saskatoon, SK
January 20: Change Notice Management – Saskatoon, SK
February 8: Proactive Service – Calgary, AB
February 9–10: Dispatcher – Nanaimo, BC
March 29–30: Proactive Service for Technicians – Saskatoon, SK
March 30–31: Dispatcher – Calgary, AB
- January 19: 9th Annual Industry Night, Hamilton, ON
- February 2–4: MCA Canada Student Chapter Summit, Hamilton, ON
- March 3: International Alliance of MCAs Meeting, San Diego, California
- March 4: CANS Developing Executives Curling Bonspiel, Halifax, NS
- March 5–9: MCA of America Convention, San Diego, California
- March 9: MCA Saskatchewan 72nd AGM, Saskatoon, SK
- March 10–11: MCA Saskatchewan 45th Bonspiel, Saskatoon, SK
- March 11: World Plumbing Day, worldwide
- March 19–23: CCA National Conference, Riviera Maya, Mexico
- April (TBA): National Stakeholders Red Seal, Ottawa, ON
- April (TBA): MCA Canada Mid-year Meetings, Ottawa, ON
- April 11: MCAC and CIPH Day on Parliament Hill, Ottawa, ON
- April 20: MCA Hamilton AGM & Trade Show, Hamilton ON
- April 21: CANS De-Icer, Halifax, NS
- April 26: MCA Manitoba AGM, Winnipeg, MB
- April 26–27: CMMTQ MCEE Tradeshow, Montréal, QC
- May: MCA Western Regional Meeting, TBA, SK
- May 5–7: MCA British Columbia/Alberta Conference, Victoria, BC
- May 11–19: MCA of Ontario AGM, Edinburgh, Scotland
- May 25: CANS Golf Tournament, Halifax, NS
- May 26–28: CCA Meetings, St. John’s, NL
- June 6: MCA Canada Western Regional Meetings, Saskatoon, SK
- June 15: MCA Sask/ASHRAE Golf Tournament, Deer Valley Golf Club, SK
- June 22: MCA Sask/Ron Young Memorial Golf, Moon Lake Golf and Country Club, SK
- June 23: MCA Eastern Regional Meeting, St. John’s, NL
- June 25–27: CIPH Annual Business Conference, Ottawa, ON
- July 12: CEC Golf Tournament, Location TBA
- July 13: CANS Developing Executives Meet and Greet, Halifax, NS
- September 21: CIPHEX Roadshow, St. John’s, NL
- September 29: CANS 155th AGM, St. Andrew's By-The-Sea, NB
- September 29–October 1: MCA Toronto AGM, Collingwood, ON
- October 15–18: MSCA Educational Conference, Boca Raton, Florida
- October 17: CIPHEX Roadshow, Edmonton, AB
- October 19: CIPHEX Roadshow, Regina, SK
- November 6–9: MCA Canada’s 76th National Conference, Maui, Hawaii
Since 1963, Operation Eyesight has prevented more than 35 million people from facing the needless tragedy of preventable blindness. Their work is focused in places where blindness can be deadly, especially to those who are very young, old or poor.