EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS
You're not going to want to miss out on AGC Houston's professional development programs! These courses are intended for the following construction professionals: Superintendents, Project Engineers, Project Managers, Accounting Staff, Project Support Staff, Project Executives, Business Development, Technology Support Staff and more! Please click here for more information.
Upgrade Your Legal Knowledge: Join Our Contract Law
Course on May 17th Today!
Class will be held Wednesday, May 17, 2023 from 8 AM - 12 PM
Led by Billy Davis and Kenton Andrews of Andrews Myers, PC., this four-hour seminar is designed as a refresher in contract law for any construction supervisor, manager, HR or safety professional.
- Read and get a better understanding of construction contracts and their risks;
Understand how contracts shift risk.
- Identify clauses that may be unenforceable and why.
- Spot contract clauses that can hurt you.
- Propose specific language to manage your risk.
- Modify contract language to your advantage.
- Select the standard clauses you should use.
- And use your lawyer more efficiently.
Click HERE to register today!
Master the Art of Drywall Installation: Join us for the Fundamentals of Building Trades - Drywall on May 24th!
This program will be held off site at Drake Interiors, Inc.
The Fundamentals of Building Trades – drywall course is a one-session, in person program designed to provide a general overview of commercial drywall finishing, framing, and sheathing systems.
- One-session, in-person course on the fundamentals of drywall installation.
- Provides a general overview of commercial drywall finishing, framing, and sheathing systems.
- Ideal for staff new to the construction industry or management, supervisory, or estimating staff seeking additional knowledge of drywall, finishing, framing, and sheathing in the commercial construction building sector.
- Covers exterior and interior wall types, mock-ups, general design insights, warranty types and implications, procurement processes
- Explores constructability topics such as coordination, sequencing, and preventing damage
Click HERE to register today!
Discover the Art of Masonry: Join Us for the Fundamentals of Building Trades - Masonry Systems on June 20th!
This program will be held offsite at Camarata Masonsry Systems, Ltd.
The Fundamentals of Building Trades – Masonry/Stone course is a one-session, in person course designed to provide a general overview of commercial Masonry/Stone Façade.
- Learn about the various types of exterior and interior masonry/stone and their applications in construction.
- Gain general design insights, and understand the implications of different warranty types for masonry/stone.
- Discover the procurement processes for masonry/stone, and learn how to coordinate and sequence projects to prevent damage and ensure smooth construction.
Click HERE to register now!
Looking for New Training Opportunities?
With AGC's live, instructor-led courses, it's never been easier to build your skill set and access the training you need. Group pricing available.
5/15/2023: AGC Edge Construction Supervision Fundamentals - Virtual Training
5/17/2023: Contract Law - Virtual Edition (AGC Houston Exclusive)
5/24/2023: Fundamentals of Building Trades - Drywall (AGC Houston Exclusive)
6/5/2023: AGC Edge Construction Supervision Fundamentals - Virtual Training
6/12/2023: AGC Edge Building Information Modeling - Virtual
6/20/2023: Fundamentals of Building Trades - Masonry Systems (AGC Houston Exclusive)
7/10/2023: AGC Edge Lean Construction Education Program - Virtual Training
7/12/2023: AGC Edge Project Manager Development Program - Virtual Training
7/13/2023: Texas Construction Law Basics: A Legal Happy Hour
7/26/2023: Fundamentals of Building Trades - Scheduling and Sequencing
8/10/2023: Employment Law - Virtual Edition
8/14/2023: AGC Edge Project Manager Development Program - Virtual Training
AGC Workforce Development Scholarship
The AGC Education and Research Foundation offers Workforce Development Scholarships to students enrolled in accredited technical schools or craft training programs in any discipline of commercial construction. Students in technical or approved craft training programs will have until June 1 to apply for $1,000 scholarships (renewal for up to two years) from the AGC Education and Research Foundation.
The AGC Education and Research Foundation is committed to taking steps to ensure students have the technical skills needed to immediately enter into the commercial construction workforce. For further questions, contact Paige Packard, email@example.com.
Please click here to review the complete list of criteria.
Please click here to apply.