EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS
You're not going to want to miss out on AGC Houston's professional development programs! These courses are intended for the following construction professionals: Superintendents, Project Engineers, Project Managers, Accounting Staff, Project Support Staff, Project Executives, Business Development, Technology Support Staff and more! Please click here for more information.
Gain Your Competitive Edge with AGC's Live Virtual Training Programs
Introducing AGC’s Live Virtual Training. The same high-quality learning experience and expert instruction you expect from AGC in-person classroom training from the comfort of your home or work computer. Please click here for more information.
11 - 22: AGC Edge Building Information Modeling - Virtual Training
14: Texas Construction Law Basics - Virtual Edition
1 - 31: AGC Edge Lean Construction Education Program - Virtual Training
2 - September 1: AGC Edge Project Manager Development Program - Virtual Training
9 - September 9: AGC Edge Building Information Modeling - Virtual Training
10 - 22: AGC Edge Construction Supervision Fundamentals - Virtual Training
11: Employment Law - Virtual Edition
30 - September 21: AGC Edge Building Information Modeling - Virtual Training
Architecture + Construction Science Career Fair Fall 2022
The Architecture and Construction Science Departments at Prairie View A&M University School of Architecture will hold their annual Fall Career Fair on Wednesday, September 14, 2022. The event will take place in the Nathelyne Archie-Kennedy Building and the adjoining Fabrication Center. Students majoring in Architecture and/or Construction Science are encouraged to participate in this event.
You are encouraged to join us and experience this opportunity to connect with potential employees. By accepting our invitation, your firm will receive:
- A booth located in the Kennedy Architecture Building or the Fabrication Center.
- Complementary parking and food (light breakfast and lunch) on the day of the fair.
- Rooms to conduct individual interviews of our students.
- Support/assistance from a Student Ambassador majoring in Architecture or Construction Science.
The deadline to register for the career fair is August 15, 2022.
For more information, please contact Matthew Wilson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Apply for The Harris County Essentials Workers Board Today
The Harris County Essential Workers Board is a newly established body to be comprised of Essential Workers that will provide feedback and recommendations to the Department of Economic Equity and Opportunity (DEEO) and other relevant Harris County Departments and, where appropriate, serve in an advisory capacity to Commissioners Court on Harris County programs, policies, and initiatives that recognize and support workers.
Requirements to qualify:
- Must work full-time in one of the following affected essential industries: Construction, Retail, Education or Childcare, Domestic Work or Home Care, Janitorial, Airport or Transportation, Grocery, Convenience or Drugstore, Healthcare, or Food Services, Hospitality, or Leisure Services.
- Be residents of Harris County.
- Have a demonstrated interest in and commitment to serving the community
- Be able to contribute meaningful time and effort to achieving the purpose and objectives of the HCEWB
- Meet one of the following qualifications:
- Have demonstrated knowledge of or interest in advocating for protections on the job, including fair wages and benefits and workplace occupational safety and health for Essential Workers.
- Have demonstrated knowledge of or interest in equitable and inclusive approaches to economic development and the socioeconomic, demographic, and environmental factors that affect the quality of life outcomes of Essential Workers
- Be a low-income Essential Worker in Harris County, or have at least 12 months of previous experience as a low-income Essential Worker
- Not be a full-time employee of Harris County
The application is virtual and individuals can apply here.
AGC Needs Your Help To Measure the Scope of Construction Labor Shortages by Taking a Quick Survey
The Survey Will Close on August 12th
The construction industry has experienced some very significant and sudden changes during the past few months that have led to dramatic changes in demand for work, availability of key construction materials, and the need for new workers. We want to understand exactly how those changes are impacting the industry’s current workforce needs to better be able to advocate for measures to help the industry’s labor needs in both the short- and long-term. That is why we are asking you to take a few minutes to complete the following workforce survey that we and our partners at Autodesk have prepared. The more people understand the scope and consequences of current labor market conditions, the more likely they are to enact measures to help meet the industry’s needs. The more members who take the survey, the better able we all will be to describe labor market conditions where you operate.
S&B names Valerie Carlson as CFO
HOUSTON, Texas — July 5, 2022 — S&B Engineers and Constructors (S&B) announced today Valerie Carlson as the company’s new Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer. She will be responsible for the company’s accounting and finance functions.
“In this leadership role, Valerie’s extensive finance and accounting background will be a tremendous asset to S&B,” said Brook Brookshire, Chief Executive Officer of S&B. “Her ability to analyze data and provide strategic guidance will support the continued financial strength of the company.”
Carlson joins S&B from Members Choice Credit Union, where she served as Chief Financial Officer. She has more than 20 years of experience in oil and gas, construction, and financial services.
“Valerie will be an integral part of the company’s financial future,” said James G. Slaughter, Jr., Chairman Emeritus of S&B. “With her expertise, Valerie will increase our financial performance and look for opportunities to grow our business.”
Early in her career, Carlson held positions at JP Morgan Chase, Capital Group Companies and Zachry Construction Corporation. From there, she spent eight years at Wood. In manager and director roles, Carlson partnered with the company’s business unit leadership and provided reporting, analytics and forecasting. She earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of Houston – Victoria, a master’s degree in accounting from the University of St. Thomas and is a licensed CPA.
1334 Brittmoore Rd, Ste 1312
Houston, TX 77043
Phone: (713) 305 9187
Foster Fence Corp.
P.O. Box 96116
Houston, TX 77213
Phone: (281) 456 7273
2180 North Loop West, Ste 221
Houston, TX 77018
Phone: (832) 917-0912
7926 Breen, Ste C
Houston, TX 77064
Phone: (832) 331-8035
Reconstructive Orthopedic Center - Houston
1200 Binz St., Ste 100
Houston, TX 77004
Phone: (713) 520-1210