Monday marked the beginning of the 2020 Legislative Session of the Georgia General Assembly. Our staff and leadership have been hard at work for months preparing for what is sure to a be a tumultuous fight over the rights of Georgia citizens and their access to the court system, but we are prepared.
This year, more than ever before, we are enlisting the help of our membership statewide. We are ensuring that our lobbying team has all the resources they need to be successful, including GTLA members at the State Capitol on Legislative Days to assist with bill review. The legislative calendar has been set through February 10th and will be in Session the following dates:
• Thursday, January 16 - Legislative Day #4
• Monday, January 27 - Legislative Day #5
• Tuesday, January 28 - Legislative Day #6
• Wednesday, January 29 - Legislative Day #7
• Thursday, January 30 - Legislative Day #8
• Friday, January 31 - Legislative Day #9
• Monday, February 3 - Legislative Day #10
• Tuesday, February 4 - Legislative Day #11
• Wednesday, February 5 - Legislative Day #12
• Thursday, February 6 - Legislative Day #13
• Monday, February 10 - Legislative Day #14
As we receive more dates, we will provide them to you; however, please take a look at your calendar and let Caroline McLean (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you would be willing to join us at the Capitol for one of these dates. This Session will be all hands on deck, and we will only be successful with the active involvement of our membership.